_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Destroyers
This forum covers all types of destroyers from all eras.
Boiki Class Destroyer @ 35th
turtle65
Visit this Community
Dunedin, New Zealand
KitMaker: 266 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 07, 2015 - 04:38 AM UTC
All,
Not really a Destroyer in the 'modern' classing system but classed as a Destroyer in the 1890's (moderators please feel free to reclassify ).
Started this mid-2014 then got side-tracked with 'life' . Thought it was time to restart and try to make some progress and get it on the water before next spring.
Although RC'd it will be as detailed as possible (given all the conflicting info that's available ).
Anywho, enough blah blah blah:

1:1 and GA's:

and the hull started:

and after a bit more fairing (still a LOT more to be done) I've finally started marking out the decking layout:

The last three photos are while it was sitting outside in the sun so I could find where any warping will happen and so I can place lock-down bolts in the appropriate places.

Cheers for having a looksie, and please feel free to point out anything that doesn't look right etc.
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,159 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,400 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 07, 2015 - 07:07 AM UTC
Nice looking destroyer Roger!! She ought to be a bunch of fun to sail around once she's done!! Nice to see you getting back into the motion on this!!
turtle65
Visit this Community
Dunedin, New Zealand
KitMaker: 266 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 08, 2015 - 01:38 PM UTC
Cheers Todd,
Still a long way before water hits his hull, as I said, I want to incorporate as much detail as possible and as everything has to be scratchbuilt plus I'm a slow builder and a bit fussy updates and things might be a bit sporadic - sorry . Just started on the master pattern for the hatch covers and a few other bit's.
Ta for looking in.
 _GOTOTOP