_GOTOBOTTOM
New Content
Announcements on new content additions to the site.
WW2 1/350 ARK ROYAL
warshipbuild
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 222 posts
Model Shipwrights: 207 posts
Posted: Friday, June 05, 2015 - 03:02 PM UTC
Folks,
We may be getting nearer to the release of a 1/350 WW2 HMS Ark Royal in plastic.

Trumpeter have some 1/350 Swordfish aircraft listed too.
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,159 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,400 posts
Posted: Friday, June 05, 2015 - 04:05 PM UTC
That is some interesting news there Dave! Would be nice...curious though, where did you see this reported? I had a look around and did not see anything remotely mentioned.
RedDuster
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 7,078 posts
Model Shipwrights: 6,649 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 12:21 AM UTC
Really hope this is true this time,

Cheers Si
warshipbuild
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 03:38 PM UTC
There was a post about it on the other ship modeling site in their 'new injection kit releases' thread.
I don't have access to that particular forum any more but a friend does, and he sent me the info.
Aurora-7
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 1,020 posts
Model Shipwrights: 630 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 05:33 PM UTC
Boystown Military Miniatures announced in January 2013 that they were commissioning a kit under their banner of the Ark Royal in 1/350. There was lot's of speculation that they were using Trumpeter for the kit.

Here's the thread here that had that discussion:

http://modelshipwrights.kitmaker.net/forums/202920&page=1

Here's a link to BMM productions with the Ark Royal and the same image Dave posted:

http://www.bmmmodels.com/NAVAL_WARFARE_1350_RN_HMS_ARK_ROYAL_WWII_AIRCRAFT_CARRIER_EXCLUSIVE_TO_BMM_PLATINUM_EDITION/p1144420_14215190.aspx
warshipbuild
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 06:02 PM UTC
It looks like Trumpeter are doing her - I can't read Chinese, but someone else here might be able to.

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3812217522

As for BMM, it seems they are up to their old tricks of changing their company name yet again.
Aurora-7
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 1,020 posts
Model Shipwrights: 630 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 06:11 PM UTC
Hmm, translating the characters 号手 right before the '1/350' on that page does come out to 'Trumpeter' with google translate.

What a wonderful time of modeling we live in!
warshipbuild
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 06:35 PM UTC
Trumpeter announcement on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/TrumpeterModel?pnref=story
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 06:59 PM UTC
While it would be sweet to see this come about, I am still a bit leery judging form the fact it is basically only showing up on the BMM site. Looking at the Chinese post, it was today and no other information given about the kit. If the subject is as needed/wanted as it appears, I would figure there be something more than a box art shot and one profile shot of the kit...especially if they are taking orders.

I like the disclaimer on the BMM site...

Quoted Text

PLEASE NOTE THIS LIMITED EDITION WILL NOT BE FOR SALE WHEN OUR EASTERN FRIENDS RELEASE THE NORMAL KIT EARLY NEXT YEAR

ANOTHER SCOOP FOR BMM AS WAS THE NELSON AND RODNEY LAST YEAR GET YOURS NOW

ALL SCEPTICS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED A KIT WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE

Looks like I won't be allowed to get one...LOL!!
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 07:05 PM UTC
LOL..just seen the FB announcement too...still no mention on the parent company website.
warreni
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,624 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 01:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Boystown Military Miniatures announced in January 2013 that they were commissioning a kit under their banner of the Ark Royal in 1/350. There was lot's of speculation that they were using Trumpeter for the kit.

Here's the thread here that had that discussion:

http://modelshipwrights.kitmaker.net/forums/202920&page=1

Here's a link to BMM productions with the Ark Royal and the same image Dave posted:

http://www.bmmmodels.com/NAVAL_WARFARE_1350_RN_HMS_ARK_ROYAL_WWII_AIRCRAFT_CARRIER_EXCLUSIVE_TO_BMM_PLATINUM_EDITION/p1144420_14215190.aspx

Don't order anything from these crooks. They stole over $200 from me with a bulls^&t special the had running.

Should all be in jail.
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 01:38 AM UTC
While I have never purchased anything from them Warren, I am very inclined to not, both from your recommendation as well as dozens of threads scattered all over the internet. Add the general "wording" seen on the site itself there are a few issues going on there. Definitely a good idea to be very cautious wen deciding to purchase something.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Monday, June 08, 2015 - 07:15 AM UTC
If this is true, and that's a big if based on everything I've heard of these guys, this would be #2 on my all time wish list, after a 1/350 Atlanta. I've got so many kits in the stash I can wait until they hit the LHS, or at least one of the more ethical sites out there.

For the record #3 on my wish list is a World War II County class cruiser in plastic. I don't really mind which one, just so long as it's got three funnels.

RussellE
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 3,959 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,777 posts
Posted: Monday, June 08, 2015 - 08:38 AM UTC
OMG! OMG! OMG!

I just had to pick my jaw up from the floor as it was about to be stolen by a unicorn and then I had to duck for cover from the low flying pigs I just saw!

Is a bird? Is it a plane? No! It's a RN WW2 flat top!

It looks like it's a trumpeter kit based on the fact it's been posted on their Facebook fan club page, and they're probably the only ones with the kahunas to do it anyway!

Bring on the rest of the WW2 RN flat top fleet!

Meesa so happee!!
Klaus-Adler
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,505 posts
Model Shipwrights: 22 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 12:19 AM UTC
My co-worker was visiting the hobbycraft store in Edinburgh at the weekend and saw this kit listed in one of the model catalogues they had there.
Unfortunately he didn't bring the catalogue back with him as he was hounded out of the store by his wife.
I would urge every one who has an interest in the model to email the manufacturer
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 01:57 AM UTC
Very interesting Dave...thanks for that heads up. I suppose he does not remember which manufacturer that was actually listing the kit, did he?

Russ, I took another look at the Trumpeter Fan FB Page and it looks like someone copy and pasted the the listing.
Quoted Text

For the ship lovers。。。1/350 HMS Ark Royal!

The " 。。。 " is a tell tale sign from the Chinese translation.

I hope I am wrong, judging by the numbers of folks all over the world dying to have this kit, but I am thinking this is another attempt to get people to rise up and demand this from a manufacture...similar to the previous attempts in 2013, announced by the same company, what a coincidence!
RussellE
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 3,959 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,777 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 02:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Very interesting Dave...thanks for that heads up. I suppose he does not remember which manufacturer that was actually listing the kit, did he?

Russ, I took another look at the Trumpeter Fan FB Page and it looks like someone copy and pasted the the listing.
Quoted Text

For the ship lovers。。。1/350 HMS Ark Royal!

The " 。。。 " is a tell tale sign from the Chinese translation.

I hope I am wrong, judging by the numbers of folks all over the world dying to have this kit, but I am thinking this is another attempt to get people to rise up and demand this from a manufacture...similar to the previous attempts in 2013, announced by the same company, what a coincidence!

Hi Todd

like all rumours we should only believe it when we see it. And, as always I will only part with my 'hard earned' when I can walk into my LHS and pick one up from the shelf and pay a 'real person' for it & support my LHS at the same time

Let's take a closer look at the photo itself. It's either a very good rendering, or, someone has put a lot of time and effort into creating a very good model & by that I mean this is a plastic injection kit or a rapid prototype from the CAD.

In recognition of my inner child, and much in the same way we anticipate Christmas, I'd like to think this is the real thing but as I said above, only my LHS will be the beneficiary of any purchase I make, as is the case with all my models

Life's too short to get hung up on whether or not this is real, but heck, let's keep nurturing our inner child and allow ourselves the fun of being excited by these rumours
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 05:13 AM UTC
I hear you Russ! Support the LHS! Too many have gone to th wayside over the past few years!

It is certainly something good to dream about and I suppose one of these days, one of the companies will smarten up and offer it up! Who know, I think we have seen more 1/350 scale Carrier offering recently...you never know! Like I said, I hope I am wrong!
warreni
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,624 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 03:24 PM UTC
This picture is actually on the Trumpeter Facebook site..
Klaus-Adler
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,505 posts
Model Shipwrights: 22 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 04:37 PM UTC
well i have discovered that the contact option on the Trumpeter site does not work, having translated it through google of course. However, i did leave a message through their feedback system asking when it would be for sale, hopefully, fingers crossed i get a response.

i would still urge all of you who are interested to send them messages if you are as serious about that kit as i am.
 _GOTOTOP