_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
A reference site that all should have !
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 03:06 AM UTC
Fine Arts Models. http://www.fine-art-models.com/e/model/ships/missouri/default.asp
There models are all in 1/196 scale, the most detailed models there is! They are assembled and cost a fortune. But what a reference bank it is! Mind you I dont even try to duplicate there work, but I do use them for reference and guide lines. You will have to see for yourself! Check it out.

Regards,
Garry
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 05:04 AM UTC
Thanks for sharing Garry. Hmmm... $8500 for the Missouri? Is that all? I'm sure the wife wouldn't mind. Now if you believe THAT I've got some nice swamp land to sell you in Florida.

I did find one thing on this site. Paul Stiwell wrote the book on the USS ARIZONA. Now I find he has a similar book on the Big Mo. I'll have to look for that one.

A little off topic here. One of my favorite warships sites is apparetnly hard up for money. www.warships1.com They used to have the best data base of ship info I've found so far. Now you go on there and there is a message about how they have had to cut way back unless they get more contributions. If any of you guys has any spare change that might be a good place to spend it.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Model Shipwrights: 32 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 05:25 AM UTC
That thing had better be big enough for me to live in/under if I spent 8500 on it. The Stuart is a little more in my price range, only 7000. I can just see me telling the wife "But honey it is 1/8th scale" Good site, thanks for posting the link...

Link to the 7 grand Stuart
http://www.fine-art-models.com/e/model/military/m5a1/default.asp

Shaun
SonOfAVet
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 547 posts
Model Shipwrights: 132 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 05:12 PM UTC
wow, garybeebe thanks for the sight...I'm studying that 1/192 Bismarck long and hard for reference for a future kit...great idea, great site, thanks a ton!

Sean
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 05:17 PM UTC
Oh just great! Now I can't build a kit OOB with those shots! I wanna make it accurate as those!
 _GOTOTOP