_GOTOBOTTOM
New Content
Announcements on new content additions to the site.
Local Maritime News Ideas
Aurora-7
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 1,020 posts
Model Shipwrights: 630 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 06:13 PM UTC
About 2 or 3 times month, I'll post something for a news story about something in the non-modeling world that's maritime related, particularly if it's about a specific ship or ship type. While I believe our news section is for informing our members and visitors about new maritime related modeling products, I like to put these 'real world' articles out there when there's a stretch of little product news to be found. I also try to get an international range of stories since our members and visitors are from around the globe.

If anyone has a particular local maritime museum they like to visit and the have a website, please forward it to me so I can visit it periodically for news ideas. I live close to Mystic Seaport so I've done a couple things from their site and I've visited the sites of various nation's Navies for news items. Since we often like to visit these places at times for reference I thought periodic updates might be appreciated to our readers. In particular I'm interested in Maritime Museums that are not in the United States (the Council of American Maritime Museums site is a great directory for me for US based places)

Thanks for your consideration. Also, please feel free to share your comments and thoughts about the practice of non modeling specific news postings.

-Mike

_GOTOTOP