_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Mamoli Instructions
warreni
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,624 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 12:44 PM UTC
Hello all.

I recently purchased a Mamoli 1/75 HMS Surprise from the internet, but when it got here I realised it is missing the colour instruction booklet. Has anyone got this book I may be able to beg, borrow or buy?

Cheers
Warren
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,159 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,400 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 05:43 PM UTC
Hey Warren,

Well it's unfortunate the instructions did not come with the kit, but to good thing is it sounds like the kit showed up all in one piece. Sorry to say I do not have any, or I would be sending them on their way already!

I guess there might be a couple options if you cannot find a set from someone, which you probably already thought of but worth a type just the same...Write Mamaoli and see if they might send you a copy. This is doubtful but why not try? It is a POB kit and fairly straight forward to construct even without the instruction. Best thing might be to search a few blogs or even videos of the build. This might show some areas that you are unfamiliar with as you approach them. There are several sets of plans on google that will greatly help for layout and placement as well as a book by Brian Lavery - The Frigate Surprise.

If you blog along with the build, it never hurts to ask questions along the way! Best of luck!

warreni
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, September 07, 2015 - 11:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey Warren,

Well it's unfortunate the instructions did not come with the kit, but to good thing is it sounds like the kit showed up all in one piece. Sorry to say I do not have any, or I would be sending them on their way already!

I guess there might be a couple options if you cannot find a set from someone, which you probably already thought of but worth a type just the same...Write Mamaoli and see if they might send you a copy. This is doubtful but why not try? It is a POB kit and fairly straight forward to construct even without the instruction. Best thing might be to search a few blogs or even videos of the build. This might show some areas that you are unfamiliar with as you approach them. There are several sets of plans on google that will greatly help for layout and placement as well as a book by Brian Lavery - The Frigate Surprise.

If you blog along with the build, it never hurts to ask questions along the way! Best of luck!

Unfortunately Mamoli went out of business last year after their factory burnt down..
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,159 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,400 posts
Posted: Monday, September 07, 2015 - 04:25 PM UTC
That is indeed a shame. Looks like it comes down to hopefully finding someone who built the kit and still has the instructions.

From what I have read, given a little search around, is that the instructions seem to be the worst thing with the kit. Besides being completely in Italian, they are a bit vague in many areas.

I think finding some blogs and bookmarking them would be your best bet to start with. Most ship construction follows the same order of operations. If you can't find the Surprise instructions, a similar ship might shed some light on some of the construction.

This is not a British Frigate,but here are similar qualities and the process is what you are after - http://www.modelexpo-online.com/images/docs/MS2041/MS2041%20-%20ESSEX%20-%20FULL%20MANUAL.pdf

Good luck!
11Bravo_C2
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 475 posts
Model Shipwrights: 19 posts
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2015 - 08:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Unfortunately Mamoli went out of business last year after their factory burnt down..

I found this place...

http://www.modelerscentral.com/plans/mamoli-ship-plans/ship-model-plans-hms-surprise/

You can contact this shop in Rome

http://www.rocrimodellismo.com/en/

Huge Model Ship making forum...

http://modelshipworld.com/

warreni
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2015 - 01:44 PM UTC
Thanks Ivan for all that info.

It would appear that this kit didn't come with a colour instruction booklet so I must be in error as I have all the black and white sheets. The instructions are so small I am going to have to blow them up so I can read them easily..

Thanks again,
Warren
nathancarrollas
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 05:22 PM UTC
USS Ronald Reagan CVN-76 Model Aircraft Carrier this could be the best online shopping that i could ever do, the model i brought from Premier Ship Models website made my home more beautiful and attractive it was so easy to buy.

I brought this model in $630 and got free delivery; the delivery was on time and got no issues with the ship model.

The customer service was good while interacting they responded really well they gave me the proper tracking information and in fact i even got a gift hamper.

I am so really happy with Premier Ship Models.
 _GOTOTOP