_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
REVIEW
German Navy Crew WW2
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,159 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,400 posts
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2015 - 05:29 PM UTC
Darren Baker takes a look at the German Navy Crew WW2 in 1/72nd scale from Revell of Germany.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
Model Shipwrights: 476 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 10:54 PM UTC
This set can provide more figures and poses with reasonable detail than smaller sets of resin figures. A worthy set. I have had success with priming vinyl and soft plastic models with products like Rustoleum Plastic paint.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Model Shipwrights: 833 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 07:28 PM UTC
Just wondering...so many companies produce soft plastic figures since the early '60's (Airfix). Is there any reason for this? Is soft plastic so much more cheaper or easier to produce than styrene? Imagine trying to build a kit made of soft plastic!
phantom_phanatic309
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,568 posts
Model Shipwrights: 220 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 10:13 PM UTC
I've often thought it might gave been due to moulding problems in the early days of plastic modelling and to keep down costs. Low price, bright colours and durability were obviously more attractive to kids looking to buy a box model soldiers back in the day. Unfortunately the kit makers are still in that mindset regarding1/72 figures even though the modeller has grown up and wants a better product. That aside, I have a set ready to crew an S-Boat and they are very nicely done.
 _GOTOTOP