_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Destroyers
This forum covers all types of destroyers from all eras.
Revell 1/144 Fletcher
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Model Shipwrights: 833 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 25, 2015 - 11:40 PM UTC
I was at my LHS yesterday, and on a total impulse buy picked up Revell's 1/144 Fletcher Class (not the post-war Zerstroyer). At around 2 1/2 ft long it sure is impressive, and deserves to be a display model. After having built a couple of Dragon Benson/Gleaves/Laffey/et al., I see Revell's level of detail in 1/144 doesn't match Dragon's in 1/350. Those molded-on ladders will be first to go, and the floater net baskets should be replaced. The Bofors and Oerlikon's could also use either replacements or detailing parts. Maybe Revell should consider producing (or having it produced) PE. I see Monkey Model make replacement turrets, but I'll pass on those, as a suite of turrets cost as much as the kit. Does anyone make a dedicated PE set for this kit?
TracyWhite
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 527 posts
Model Shipwrights: 464 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 02:00 AM UTC
Eduard did some photoetch, and Nautilus Models did a bunch of different sets.
surfsup
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,230 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,212 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 10:48 AM UTC
I have this Kit and got all the Eduard P/E Sets for her. They look great and well worth getting.....Cheers Mark
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Model Shipwrights: 833 posts
Posted: Friday, November 27, 2015 - 01:05 AM UTC
In 1/144, the PE railing doesn't look too flat? I was considering using the kit stanchions and stringing line. Although one method might be a little under-sized, and the other, a little over-sized.
 _GOTOTOP