_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
HOOAH for Commander's Models-Iron Shipwrights
Ranger74
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,290 posts
Model Shipwrights: 58 posts
Posted: Monday, February 02, 2004 - 09:14 AM UTC
I have a copy of the Iron Shipwrights 1/350 1943-version of the USS Tennessee and am looking to purchase their 1/350 USS Nashville (CL-43). They will also have the 1941 version of the Tennessee/California this Summer.

I was at the model contest in Atlanta on 31 January and visited the Commander's Models (they own Iron Shipwrights) vendor tables. I expressed interest in their model of the Nashville, but did not have the funds to acquire it at that time. They informed me that I could call or go on-line and get a 15% discount by ordering on-line. I told them that I had purchased the USS Tennessee on ebay, where upon they asked what I thought of the kit. I told them that except for the bilge keels (which are extremely thin and fragile), it appeard to be in good condition. I was told that Commander's gave a "life-time" guarantee on their products, regardless of how I acquired the kit.. If I found anything wrong, just let them know and they will replace the items free, forever!! :-) They also gave me the dimensions of the plastic strip needed to repair the bilge keels (which I have already planned to do). They are now providing templates and materials in the kits to repair fragile items like the keels.

Just wanted to let other ship buildiers know about a company that will stand behind their products.

Now I have to start that kit and save the money for the Nashville
SonOfAVet
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 547 posts
Model Shipwrights: 132 posts
Posted: Monday, February 02, 2004 - 09:52 AM UTC
Good to know about a company that stands behind their product...that would definately influence me to do business with them, thanks for the tip Ranger.

Sean
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Monday, February 02, 2004 - 10:12 AM UTC
Good for them. It's nice to hear of a company who knows the meaning of customer service. Good for you also for pointing this out. I've never done a resin kit but if I ever graduate to resin I will certainly look up Iron Siphwrights.
 _GOTOTOP