_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Lindberg LSU; Actual scale?
DUKWsinarow
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 124 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4 posts
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2016 - 10:14 PM UTC
I was hoping to add a 'civilianized' landing craft to my S-scale (1:64 scale) model train layout. The layout features scenes from Alaska and Canada where these crafts are regularly used to ferry everything from heavy-equipment, supplies, and live-stock between islands that are not accessible by road. In my case, the landing craft would be bring equipment to or departing from the road/rail assessable town.

I was looking at several prototypes, and found one that is very similar to the Lindberg LSU, save for the superstructure that was altered/simplified by it's civilian users.

The only problem is that the Lindberg model does not show the scale on the outside of the box and sellers advertise it as being anything from 1/35 to 1/96.

If the model is 1:72 (or anywhere between 1:60-1:72), then I can use it on my 1:64 train layout. The majority of the adds state that the model is 1:72 , but there are too many others advertising other scales.

http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/Lindberg-1-72-motorized-LSU-US-Navy-landing-craft-model-ship-kit-X2-/111417948529

Can anyone confirm the approximate scale of this model???
Grauwolf
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 2,485 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,157 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 06:04 AM UTC
Hi Tyler,

This Lindberg kit scales in very close to 1:125.

Cheers,
Joe
 _GOTOTOP