_GOTOBOTTOM
New Content
Announcements on new content additions to the site.
Meng moves into ships
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,080 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 10:36 PM UTC
Just seen that Meng have moved into the world of the ship modeller with two new ships.

Both 1/700
HMS Rodney
USS Lexington
JJ1973
Visit this Community
Niedersachsen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,835 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,832 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 10:40 PM UTC
Ups - Luciano, when I just hit your link, my Kaspersky anti-virus went mad with warnings about phishing links...?!?

Cheers,
Jan
Littorio
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 04, 2016 - 12:32 AM UTC
Jan, these links are direct to Mengs website. I'm getting no warnings although I'm going through on my work computer (tea break) also no problem on my iPad.
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,159 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,400 posts
Posted: Monday, July 04, 2016 - 12:54 AM UTC
Found nothing wrong with the links either on my end!

Interesting stuff Luciano. I am a little curious what sparked Meng's motives in doing this. There is a niche for ships....and certainly more so in the Asian market. But that is with Asian based ships. I would think, especially in the 1/700 scale range they would take a beating up against Aoshima and Fujimi...not to mention Flyhawk's 1/700 scale range. I know they took a bath on that "Chinese Titanic" not too long ago...maybe their demographics are telling them something different. Besides all that, I am still looking forward to seeing how the kits look. They have done rather well with regards to just about all of their armor related plastic...if you ask me!
Littorio
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 04, 2016 - 01:13 AM UTC
Todd, Meng's armour subjects are great I have a few of them in the stash and one started. Their choice of ships may be odd when compared to their demographic but I think that the other companies in the region have most other ship covered in the scale. Talking of scale I can only hope they move on up to 1/350 but I'm not complaining too much as I have too many to build in the stash already.

The make up of the new kits looks interesting sort of like a detailed snap together I may even be tempted price depending on getting one just to see how they go together.
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,159 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,400 posts
Posted: Monday, July 04, 2016 - 01:30 AM UTC
I am curious what they will sell for as well. Typically I thought pricing from Meng is not bad at all for what we get for quality.

I have a news story posted on these now here on site. Seems while I was typing my last response and email showed up from Meng making the announcement! Nice to know you have a 3 second lead on their email system!

http://modelshipwrights.kitmaker.net/news/22742
 _GOTOTOP