_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
My 1/200 Fleet
Illini
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 345 posts
Model Shipwrights: 17 posts
Posted: Monday, July 04, 2016 - 08:00 PM UTC
For the Bismarck campaign, I decided to get my Bismarck kit out of mothballs, and compare it to the Hood kit I recently received.

While I was at it, I added the Arizona, and Missouri, which I'm actively working on, the MO more than the AZ.

I was quite surprised to find that the Hood, was actually a bit larger than the Bismarck - see nose to nose picture.

The Arizona was quite a bit smaller of course.

I'm sure y'all know, being ship people, but they are Arizona, Hood, Missouri, Bismarck. All the above deck bits, and even some decking, is just dry fit.

Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Model Shipwrights: 258 posts
Posted: Monday, July 04, 2016 - 08:32 PM UTC
You must have lots of shelf space,have fun.
Illini
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 345 posts
Model Shipwrights: 17 posts
Posted: Monday, July 04, 2016 - 09:58 PM UTC
below is my "modelling room", which is part of a finished basement I'm working on. There are currently three work stations, but could be four. This allows me to ADD from one project to another, and leave the others in progress.

The back wall will be completely covered with shelves )for the ships) and IKEA boxes for armor and such. I have several large planes I'm not sure what to do with.

The next is the "family" part of the basement with the ships parked on the pool table, but Hood and Bismarck are about the put back in the stash area (last photo)

I'm using a bedroom (to the left in the first picture) as a paint room. We'll see how that works out, I only do acrylic, so I hope the fan will keep the air clean.

Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Model Shipwrights: 258 posts
Posted: Monday, July 04, 2016 - 10:18 PM UTC
Nice facilities for sure
CaptSonghouse
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,274 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,236 posts
Posted: Monday, July 04, 2016 - 10:50 PM UTC
Great start on a task force! At my Karlshaven Yard, I have 1/200 hulls started for: Hipper, Ajax, Norfolk, Suffolk, Canberra, Helena, Nevada, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Idaho, and Mississippi as well as unstarted kits for Arizona, and Pennsylvania.

Yep, you can say large scale is a mania...

--Karl
 _GOTOTOP