_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Frigates
This is for topics on modern Frigates. For the sailing variety they should still go under Sailing.
HMCS SNOWBERRY as USS SAUCY build
TGarthConnelly
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 875 posts
Model Shipwrights: 872 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 10:31 PM UTC
SNOWBERRYCASE by Tim Connelly, on Flickr
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Model Shipwrights: 204 posts
Posted: Friday, March 03, 2017 - 06:11 AM UTC
Hi Tim, What a fantastic job Kyle has done. I was given the old 1/72 scale model from my best friend Taffy 3 (Al Bubnis) a few months ago, which he got from a fellow who apparently can no longer do models from an ailment, sorry to hear. Surprized as I was because when I got back into the hobby 30 some odd years ago, I had wanted to do this kit. Upon opening the box I discovered that there were 3 sheets of P/E. After watching this build go along from start to finish I still have more resin and white metal after market to P/U but am looking forward to getting into it. Hope to be able to do it justice and if it comes out 1/2 as good as Kyle's build I would be happy. Normally I don't do ships or planes but small dio's are my thing. Setting this into a dio will be a challenge but we need them now and again to keep life interesting heh. But first I have to finish the 1/35 Vosper and clear the ship yard. Thanks for sharing this great build and giving me some more inspiration to get into the kit.
TGarthConnelly
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 875 posts
Model Shipwrights: 872 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 01:38 AM UTC
Thanks Bob.

Yeah, Kyle really did a superb job on it. I am extremely happy with the SAUCY and the G-5.

The SAUCY is now where the scratch-built model of my late-father's SC-699 was. When Dad died in 2009, the SC-699 was ceded to me because I had paid for it in 1997, and no one wanted it.

So - when Kyle delivered the SAUCY and G-5, I had the model of the SC-699 moved back up to Dad's room.

Question now, where will I put the USS ESSEX that Kyle is doing now .................
 _GOTOTOP