_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Lifecolor
redalb2253
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 235 posts
Model Shipwrights: 132 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 02:23 PM UTC
Just bought the 2 sets of Kriegsmarine paint set, question is what to use to thin it? First time using acrylic paint I've always used enamel paints.
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,159 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,400 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 05:11 PM UTC
Hi Steve,

With any water based acrylics, it is best to use thinners specific for the brand as they are typically designed for their own paint. With that said, Vallejo Airbrush Thinner and/or Cleaner will work as does UMP Thinner. Lice Color does respond very well to mixing with water, but you may want to try making a little mix with something to help break the surface tension...like possibly alcohol. Check your LHS (if you have one) and see if they have any LC, Vallejo, AK or AMMO (the one for the paint not the effects). You should only need one drop for 4 or 5 drops of paint ....depending on you personal taste, to get things to work nicely. With acrylics, check your pressure. 15 to 18 psi should be sufficient. If the pressure is too high, you might experience tip drying and/or clogging. I keep a damp paint brush or small sponge close by and swipe the tip every so often during long painting sessions. Best of luck!!
elmarriachi
Visit this Community
Baden-Württemberg, Germany
KitMaker: 813 posts
Model Shipwrights: 304 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 06:18 PM UTC
Hi Steve,
I use Lifecolors most of the time ... and standart water as thinner. Worls perfect for airbrushing....
Cheers
Michael
redalb2253
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 235 posts
Model Shipwrights: 132 posts
Posted: Friday, March 17, 2017 - 02:42 AM UTC
Thanks guys when I start shooting I'll let you know how it went.
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,517 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5 posts
Posted: Friday, March 17, 2017 - 03:28 AM UTC
With LC i use water when i brush and UMPThinner and Vallejo flow improver with AB
 _GOTOTOP