_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Recap of the IPMS National Show - Omaha, NE
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,159 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,400 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 05:43 AM UTC
Hey Fellas,

I had the pleasure of going to the IPMS National Convention last week in Omaha, Nebraska. I was working with Vallejo again providing demos and answering questions at the Squadron/MMD tables. It was a long ride out, all 1475 or so mile, but fun driving with a friend and seeing the sites.

I wanted to share some pics of the ship models that were there. The only time I had to get into the display room was on the second day before everything opened. So while there was a nice selection, there was probably 100 or more by the fourth day.

A couple shot from the ride out. I really am liking the camera on my phone...these were taken while rolling 75 mph down the road and through the side window.

The venue....La Vista Convention Center

Some of the ships by the second day...

Finally...a couple shot from the ride home. Mainly because I thought they looked cool!

Harry_at_BFM
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 594 posts
Model Shipwrights: 556 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 07:16 AM UTC
Thanks for taking all the photos, Todd!
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 07:27 AM UTC
Thanks Harry! I only regret not having time to take more of what was there and more close ups. Some great looking models all around.
Grauwolf
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 2,485 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,157 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 10:20 AM UTC
Hi Todd,
Thanks for sharing...a superb collection of ships!

Cheers,
Joe
JSSVIII
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,169 posts
Model Shipwrights: 40 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 03:07 PM UTC
Thanks for posting those photos Todd, I really wanted to go to the show, but couldn't make it work. Looks like I missed a good one!
rolltide31
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,481 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,332 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 04:34 PM UTC
Todd,

I have to admit that I am jealous. Would love to have attended the IPMS National's.

Thank you for the pictures, looks like you had a great time.

Dave
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 06:18 PM UTC
It was a great show guys! I think that is because of the friends from around the world that make the trip each time.

John...it was one heck of a drive from where you and I live my friend...but I would do it again! LOL Phoenix is next year. A bit of a long shot driving to that one...Chattanooga n '19 though. Dayton at the air museum next April/May is AMPS Nationals...you can bet that will be massive. Let me know which local show you go to here in MA. I am usually hanging around!

Dave...I know it won't happen probably, but I bid for one for where you live my friend!! Right where you have your model meeting now would be just fine!! If nothing else, at least I get to see more of the country when I hit the shows...LOL
d6mst0
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,925 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,298 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 04:17 AM UTC
Todd,

I was at the convention also, my first one. Drove up from San Antonio. It was only 1,000 mile drive to Omaha.

Nice photos of some great looking ships. I was totally amazed at the work and detail put into those models.

I took quite few pictures myself. Need to get them off the camera.

Hope to make it to Phoenix next year.

Mark

TRM5150
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 05:21 AM UTC
Hi Mark,

Great show huh? 1000 miles is nothing to shake a stick at my friend! Feel free to post some pics here if you like! I have a bunch from the other models, only tossed the ships up...but anything goes!

I'll be in Phoenix as well...with for Vallejo again and probably at the squadron table...wing by if you get the chance! The best part of the show is meeting new and old friends!!
JSSVIII
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 03:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It was a great show guys! I think that is because of the friends from around the world that make the trip each time.

John...it was one heck of a drive from where you and I live my friend...but I would do it again! LOL Phoenix is next year. A bit of a long shot driving to that one...Chattanooga n '19 though. Dayton at the air museum next April/May is AMPS Nationals...you can bet that will be massive. Let me know which local show you go to here in MA. I am usually hanging around!

Dave...I know it won't happen probably, but I bid for one for where you live my friend!! Right where you have your model meeting now would be just fine!! If nothing else, at least I get to see more of the country when I hit the shows...LOL

Hi Todd, I'm a member of Wings & Wheels, our show is in Chicopee in the spring, but I have been going to other shows in the northeast this past season, and plan to continue. You mentioned AMPS, will you be at Armorcon this September?
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 04:17 AM UTC
John, W&W...always a fun show! I don't always enter anything, but I do like to make the trip out there and hang out for the day!

Yes...I will be at ArmorCon. I won't be working this show...at least I don't think I will be! LOL Checking to see if they need a slot filled for a seminar. I think a friend and I will have a table in the vendor room...not to sell..LOL...just to hang out and sit. We'll have to make a point to meet there! I know I will be staying at least Fri night through Sat.
pbishop
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 116 posts
Model Shipwrights: 116 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 12:28 PM UTC
Todd,
Thanks for sharing pictures of my HMS Victory. It was a great show, I had a blast!
JSSVIII
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 03:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

John, W&W...always a fun show! I don't always enter anything, but I do like to make the trip out there and hang out for the day!

Yes...I will be at ArmorCon. I won't be working this show...at least I don't think I will be! LOL Checking to see if they need a slot filled for a seminar. I think a friend and I will have a table in the vendor room...not to sell..LOL...just to hang out and sit. We'll have to make a point to meet there! I know I will be staying at least Fri night through Sat.

I will be at Armorcon also, I'll look for you, it's always fun to finally meet people from the forums in person.
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 08:02 PM UTC
Paul, That victory was sweet...LOL

Looking forward to meeting up at the show!
RussellE
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 3,959 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,777 posts
Posted: Friday, August 04, 2017 - 05:50 PM UTC
Lots of ships at this one Todd

Great to see Paul's Victory on display too !
JJ1973
Visit this Community
Niedersachsen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,835 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,832 posts
Posted: Monday, August 07, 2017 - 09:37 AM UTC
Hi Todd,

thanks for sharing those pictures and impressions!

Cheers,
Jan
Weebles
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 93 posts
Model Shipwrights: 89 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 04:09 PM UTC
Hi Todd,
Nice to have the chance to meet you at the Nats and chat for a while. I hope it was a good show for you. Looking forward to Phoenix.
Dave
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 05:21 PM UTC
Hi Dave! it was great seeing you there too! We are planning to be in Phoenix next year. Fine wok on your PT. Sorry I didn't post pics of your build, unfortunately, those and maybe another dozen pics didn't expose well when I took the shot. Feel free to post some shots of it or others here my friend!
 _GOTOTOP