_GOTOBOTTOM
New Content
Announcements on new content additions to the site.
Review
Zvezda: R.M.S. Titanic
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Model Shipwrights: 267 posts
Posted: Monday, August 21, 2017 - 11:31 PM UTC

There have been so many kits done of the Titanic over the years, and Zvezda has decided to add this new tool version to the mix.

Read the Review

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,159 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,400 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 03:42 AM UTC
Thanks for the review Jim. The kit doesn't really look too bad. Might be worth a roll across the bench for some fun...especially if the old girl is in your wheelhouse for likes.
JSSVIII
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,169 posts
Model Shipwrights: 40 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 03:54 AM UTC
Nice to see something different in 1/700. Do you think sanding down some of the raised hull detail would help Todd? It looks a little heavy to me.
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Model Shipwrights: 31 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 05:06 AM UTC
Somebody has a sense of humor putting a US flag and the spelling Titanik on the decal sheet?
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 07:02 AM UTC
John, I would think sanding would help if the raised stuff does not work. From a fun factor just to build, it looks interesting enough...at least for one of those "in between" builds.

Stephen, yeah, there is a language barrier with translation sometimes. My understanding is the Titanic was flying the US flag from one of the masts signifying destination. Of course it would in fact be a 46 star version and not a "32"??? version in the decal sheets. Not sure where that number came from. I could see the mistake as the 48 stars, since a few months after the Titanic sailed, two states were added....easily missed. But 32? Anyway, the White Star burgee is correct as is the Blue Ensign, but the Union Jack seems to be missing.
Harry_at_BFM
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 594 posts
Model Shipwrights: 556 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 11:06 AM UTC
The kit looks a little dated to me.

Jim is sending me the lighted Academy version for a build review, so we will see how she looks.
Might be fun, never done a lighted model before.
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 04:28 PM UTC
I am suspecting the Academy version will be fun! Looking forward to hearing you thoughts on it...enjoy!
TimReynaga
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,500 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,830 posts
Posted: Monday, October 02, 2017 - 09:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

...Do you think sanding down some of the raised hull detail would help? It looks a little heavy to me.

I agree, John, but there is something to be said for occasional quick builds of kits just as they come without correcting the flaws; I built the very similar Academy Titanic out of the box a few years ago for my then-teenaged daughter who loved the film, 'Titanic'. I had fun with it as a quick and dirty build, and she enjoyed the model for quite a while - a win-win!
 _GOTOTOP