_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Warships of the Atlantic... Status?
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 3,179 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 07:28 AM UTC
Ok what's the deal with this campaign, I've lost track of this build with the 25 pages of responses (Come on guys I really think we should bag this, I don't think there's much interest ).
Anyway, I may have missed a sign up or something similar (last I heard there was talk of merging this with the sisters campaign).
For the sake of everyone (especially me... me.... ME!!!!!!!) can we get a quick post of the who, what and when on this build?

Thanks, I'm looking forward to cracking open U-100.....
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Model Shipwrights: 267 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 07:37 AM UTC
The last I was invloved was asking Tread to either submit this campaign as a seperate one from the Sisters campaign, or asking that Rodger ask to modify the Sisters campaign to this one. I am fine with having 2 campaigns though.

Jim
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
Model Shipwrights: 21 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 07:47 AM UTC
Lord Pork:

I've attached Lord Tread's comments below. Hope this helps.

ps: I believe the WOA end date is June 10, 2004.
Steve

Quoted Text

Howdy Fellas,

O.K. then....the 'bosses' have spoken (meaning you guys ). The 'Warships of the Atlantic' Group Build will continue as originally planned. As will the 'Unsung Sisters' Campaign.
The only change will be the 'Start' date of the ' WOA' GB. Since the 'Start' date is not as important as the ' Finish' date, and since a good number of members have expressed desire to embrace the earlier start time (myself included, since I'm going to need all the time I can get! ), a new, earlier 'Start' date of March 1st will be instituted. So, those of you who can't make the March 1st start date, that's O.K. Just start whenever you can squeeze it in. Just pay attention to the 'Finish' date, since that is not changing. Maybe you can learn from some of our mistakes in those 20 days.......

Oh, one more thing. I HAVE already made up a ribbon to commemorate the participation in the 'Warships of the Atlantic' Group Build, and that ribbon will be awarded to everyone who successfully complete's the Build, and submit's at least a final photograph of the completed project by the ' Finish' date!!
Sound good?.........Good!

And, for the record, I intend to enter something in the 'Unsung Sisters' Campaign as well! As if I don't already have enough on the modeling desk as it is, you guys are really keeping my hands busy with the 'floaty' things!

Thanks go out to all of you for your continued support of the Warship side of the site!!!

Tread.

PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 09:30 AM UTC
Steve:
thanks for the doing the dirty work for me.... I'll get on that U-boat in the coming days and weeks. Maybe start some prep work today!
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,595 posts
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2004 - 10:45 AM UTC
heres some pics of my revell 1/72 u-boat quick tip dont glue the blukheads (theres two of them on bothside unless you've test fitted and even then I'd not bother I've done it and the center section is proving to be a bugger fitting in there is a seam around the hull for it to sit in so the strenght will still be there,

the rear part on the last picture will need a little work as the part supplied to sit in there inst a flush fit so might need some work
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Model Shipwrights: 453 posts
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2004 - 12:59 PM UTC
Howdy mikeli,

This ship looks 'right up my alley'! I love the large scale stuff. How much did this monster set you back?

Tread.

BTW, she's looking Goooooooooooood. :-)
mikeli125
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2004 - 07:07 PM UTC
tread it cost me £45 being the rip of country we are yet I think its around $50 for you I think squadron has it in
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 03:01 AM UTC
Hmmm, I might have to take a look for that kit when this is all done.
I got working on the U-boat (Andrea 1/35th U-Boat Conning tower with crew) last night, so things are under way.
This build is going to force me to try some new things (like metal figures and making water) so I'm really looking forward to this.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 03:48 AM UTC

What!.....PorkChop! (putting on my best 'surprised' face) You mean you're not going to be scratch-building the whole rest of that U-Boat hull underneath your conning tower!?!

Sheeeeeesshh...........

Tread. #:-) #:-)
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 03:52 AM UTC
Oh....and just so everyone know's. Since our fearless leader Jim has officially voiced his acceptance of the potential for a parallel Warship Campaign here on this thread. I will be submitting the required intel to him for review!

So, stayed tuned. :-)

Tread.
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 04:03 AM UTC
Tread;
Ummmm, no. I will not be scratch building the rest of the vessel. I think this will be plenty!!!
MadMeex
Visit this Community
Vaasa, Finland
KitMaker: 424 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 07:09 AM UTC
Relevant points requested:
54mm CSS Hunley - Immediate.

Current status:
Building is complete. Submarine has been primed. Waiting for new compressor to complete painting.

Mika

mikeli125
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 09:47 PM UTC
sanded a bit of the hull last night and filled some seam gaps using zap a gap for the 1st time great stuff! need to do a little more sanding and the hulls complete then I can start adding the planes and rudders, I've decided to replace the pro-shaft and props with brass items if I can find some in that scale to give it a bit more realistic look would the prop-shafts be brass or steel?
 _GOTOTOP