_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
New Ship kit releases
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 11:31 AM UTC
I just got the April Fine Scale Modeler and there is an article on upcoming kit releases. I thought I'd mention some of the more important floaty things coming out. I'll just list the injected plastic ones, I don't know how much interest there is here for a $325 resin 1/350 USS Oklahoma for example.

DML
1/700 USS Chandler DDG-996, USS Mustin DDG-89, USS Pennsylvania BB-38 ( I wonder if this is just a rebox of their Arizona kit or if it's modified to look like the Pessylvania later in the war?), USS Arthur W Radfor AEMSS.

Italeri 1/720 USS Ronald Reagan CV-76

Revell, several ships in various scales but all apparently reissues, such as a 1/570 Prince of Wales.

Trumpeter 1/350 USS Nimitz, USSR Admiral Kuznetsov, SS Jerimiah O'Brien Liberty Ship (to my mind the single most important kit on this list) USS Lexington CV-2 USS Saratoga CV-3 and 1/700 Bismarck and Tirpitz. (Oh boy two MORE Bismarck kits)

Me, I'm looking forward to that Liberty ship and maybe the two Trumpeter carriers Lady Lex and Sister Sara.
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 02:36 PM UTC
Howdy Rodger!
guess we will have to wait and see about the DML Pessylvania. Hope its new and nice!
I agree with you about the Lex and Sara, I want that Sara badly! There my Favorite Carriers. Just have to figure out where I would put one! But I'll worry about that later.

Take care mate!

Garry
Scunge
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 254 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 04:22 PM UTC
why ohh why no ships from the good old days when they truely ruled the world? No Dreadnoughts, no old class (edit- pre-deadnought) battleships or ships from Jutland. They are all resin and cost too much money. I was really hoping for a dreadnought but ohh well, maybe next year...
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 04:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I want that Sara badly! There my Favorite Carriers. Just have to figure out where I would put one

Which way do you prefer them? With or without the 8" guns? If it were me I'd like to make one in a pre-war rig, with all the aircraft in that color scheme with the yellow wings and such. Very colorful ship it would be. Of course that's assuming I had room for one anywhere on my shelf.

garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 06:22 PM UTC
I would like the earlier prewar comfiguration to Rodger, very unique ! And like you said, all those early aircraft in there colorful schemes would look awesome! I built the 1/700 Sara, Fujimi kit I believe. I'll have to post a pic of it in my gallery.

Cheers,

Garry
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 06:43 PM UTC
Ok Rodger, just posted a photo of my 1/700 Fujimi USS Saratoga in my Gallery.
This is a late war sara with the measure 22 camo.

Regards,

Garry
 _GOTOTOP