_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
ICM Konig
Scunge
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 254 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2004 - 10:57 AM UTC
I have heard that this is a good kit, but for those of you that have built it, I have two questions. firstly, Is it worth the $75 price tag? And second, is it a very long build that costs $75 becuase you will be building it for months on end?
jrnelson
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 719 posts
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2004 - 12:06 PM UTC
Hi Scunge-

I have not built this kit yet - but I have started it for the Atlantic build. I am fairly impressed with it so far. Not much flash, fit seems tight and the detail seems good. The only thing that seems to be lacking are the instructions. They tend to be a bit confusing... lotsa arrows pointing all over the place :-)

That said - I also just got the Tamiya Tirpitz for the Sister ship campaign..... the Tamiya kit seems to be more "crisp" overall, and the instructions are DEFINATELY better with the Tamiya kit.

I feel the ICM kit was worth the price.. I wanted to do the Konig.. so I had no other choice :-) I can certainly see where it will not be a slam bam build - so the kit should give me a couple of months of entertainment at least.

Take care-
Jeff
Scunge
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 254 posts
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2004 - 01:04 PM UTC
Thanks!
MadMeex
Visit this Community
Vaasa, Finland
KitMaker: 424 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 01:10 AM UTC
I'd recommend picking up the Konig off of ebay - Alanger is usually pushing them for about $25-30.

Mika
 _GOTOTOP