_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Group-Atlantic-List of builders.
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 01:03 PM UTC
I just posted this so anyone who is in the build can post there name and what ship they are building, plus any info they have about there build. This should help let everyone know what is going on and if there are others building the same type ship.
Feel free to post away mates!

Garry
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 3,179 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 01:11 PM UTC
Andrea 1/35th Type VII U-boat conning tower with 5 figures. Work is underway.
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
Posted: Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 01:16 PM UTC
I'll go first. I am building the Heller 1/400 DKM Lutzow. A German Pocket Battleship. (heavy cruiser with six 11 inch guns in two 3 gun turrets.) The Lutzow is of a class of three, the others are the Graf Spee and the Admiral Sheer. I'm building her in the Black and White stripe camo, simler to the Bismarcks camo scheme.

Regards,

Garry
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Model Shipwrights: 453 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 01:23 PM UTC
Howdy All,

Speaking of "compadre's"......Garry's a 'gem' as well! He has obviously seen a 'friend in need', and stepped up to the plate! And.....just in case the point has been overlooked. This is indeed a TEAM effort! All of the participant's in the 'Warship's of the Atlantic' build are requested to begin posting their own personal build threads, so we can all access them to see your personal 'in-progress' pics!
My only request of you is, when posting your 'up-dates', just remember to include the phrase "Warships of the Atlantic", or just simply 'WOA' for short. In this way, we can ALL figure out in short order the who/what/where of your post!.....
Sound good?
If not, just take a second to jot me a PM of your query,and I will get back to you ASAP!

HTH.

Tread.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 01:38 PM UTC
Airfix 1/600 HMS WARSPITE. I've already posted some very basic pics, plan on doing more this weekend. I'm really looking forward to seeing more.

So Garry, where are YOUR pics?
Scunge
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 254 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 01:45 PM UTC
I still havent got mine yet, waiting to do one entry for both the WOA and FS campaigns. Still undecided too. Part oif me really wants to build one of the 1/700 resin German or Austro-Hungarian dreadnoughts, but for cheaper I can get 1/350 AEGIS Cruiser w/ PE included and it would probably be an easier build. I find the old school battleships interesting, but this will be my 2nd ship and I have never worked with resin ships or anything before. So Im pretty torn on the subject.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 01:45 PM UTC

Ah heck! HalfYank!....Garry's blaming Walgreen's photo-developing dept. again I think!!

Sheeeesh!

Tread.

Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 01:59 PM UTC
Don't stick up for him Tread. We want pictures, we want pictures.
Scunge
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 254 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 02:05 PM UTC
no......we DEMAND Them! Or else
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 02:12 PM UTC

Where's an ARTILLERY emoticon when you need one!?!

Tread.
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
Posted: Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 02:39 PM UTC
Dang! You guys got me serounded And I did'nt even hear ya coming. Your Good! It will be awhile for pic's. All I have is a fred flintstone 35mm camera, and it takes time to take up a roll of film and have it developed on a disc. But pic's you will get!

Now dont get to close to my perimiter, The claymores are out!

LOL! Cheers,

Garry
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,595 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 09:32 PM UTC
Revells 1/72 u-boat already posred pics of the hull joined together almost finsihed sanding now ready to sart the rudders ect and decide which u-boat I'm going to model
BlueBear
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 414 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 11:56 PM UTC
I'm working on the Peter Strasser, Germany's projected second aircraft-carrier. I'll be putting him into Arctic dazzle camouflage similar to that worn by the Tirpitz when he was hold up in the Norwegian Fjords threatening the Lend-Lease Convoys---maybe toss in a little iceberg with floaters to break up the monotoney of the cold water. If I have time, I'll put in a plane guard destroyer and an S-boat for a sub chaser
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2004 - 02:39 AM UTC
O.K. fellas,

Let's see, we've seen HalfYank's efforts on the Warspite, and his gallant work at apparently building a 'silk purse'.
We've also seen mikeli's nice large sub hull, sitting on his modeling desk (or was that just a large cigar holder?)
Garry apparently owns one of those prototype 35mm camera's that hold a roll of film 500 pictures long!
Me?.....well, since I opened my big mouth I'll just have to post some pics this weekend. But be warned, I must have bought my camera from the same oddball store as Garry, because my camera is incapable of taking close-up shots. Which in my case is probably a 'good' thing. This way none of you can see my mistakes.

But....bluebear. I'm really wanting to see pics of your Strasser! As I'm sure everybody else does.....so get on it!
Porkchop, I'd like to see pics of the kit pieces, just to know what's in the kit. It sounds like a good one, and one I might want to pick up for myself one day. I like subs. :-)
And Scunge...I understand your indecision. Personally I'd lean towards the dreadnought, but it would be the wrong scale for me. So I'd be 'bumped' to the Aegis just so I could see what I'm doing.

Tread.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2004 - 04:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

All I have is a fred flintstone 35mm camera

Quoted Text

I must have bought my camera from the same oddball store as Garry

I've never told you guys my day job. I sell Digital Cameras, along with scanners, photo printers, cool stuff like that. I wouldn't want to try to "sell" you anything but if you ever need some advice when you're ready to buy something and join the 21st century, let me know.

Ranger74
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,290 posts
Model Shipwrights: 58 posts
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2004 - 05:56 AM UTC
Well, I have launched the USS Nashville, LPD-13, a 1/700 resin kit by JAG. I have added several decks and am in process of putting a coat of primer over the whole thing. I will get some new photos and start a new tread this weekend.

Jeff
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2004 - 10:07 AM UTC
Ok Ok , I took photo's today of my Lutzow. I should get them back on a Disc Early Next week, then I will post them in my gallery. The old Fred Flintstone Camera's getting old, still takes good pic's though! I need to replace the little hampster than runs on the treadmill. He's the power source ya know!

Cheers mates

Garry
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Model Shipwrights: 267 posts
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2004 - 10:32 AM UTC
Just another reminder...

If you guys want this campaign listed in the campaign section then you need to SUBMIT it via this form (the link is on the right-hand menu in Campaigns). If the person who is submitting the campaign is NOT the campaign leader, they should indicate in one of the sections who is.

Campaign Application

Thanks,
Jim
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2004 - 11:13 AM UTC
Howdy Jim,

Many thx for the 'reminder'. I have been valiantly trying to find the time to sit down and put together the required intel for your review. Unfortunately, one of the ' things' about being in the Construction business, is, that you spend the majority of your time away from computer screens' (although I'm quite sure my wife would disagree ).
Hence, the 'time' crunch.
I have complete devotion to both Campaign efforts, as well as ALL of the wonderful members who have seen fit to participate in them!! My primary problem has been finding enough 'solid' time to put together the proposal. I tend to get snippet's of time here and there, and not great bloody hunks of time for anything. On top of that I tend to go a little 'overboard' with trying to get the application fine-tuned enough so it doesn't look like my 8 year-old put it together. Again, one of my many flaws.
Anyway. My intent is still to put that Campaign proposal together this weekend (one of the few times of the week I get 'blocks' of time available). I have already stated this to my loyal crew of builders. And, I will stick by it.
Further, in another attempt to help the site. I am formulating an extended request to the good and courageous members who have put their 'John Hancocks' on both Campaign's to go about their respective builds with the idea of submitting both Site 'Content', and/or Site 'Technique' article's revolving around their projects. The extremely talented group of blokes I've been able to assemble are the fine owners of a plethora of techniques, as well as a deep and rich well of modeling experience that screams for 'tapping'.

Hope these shared thought's meet with your approval.

Tread.
SonOfAVet
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 547 posts
Model Shipwrights: 132 posts
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2004 - 05:56 PM UTC
Hello Eveybody,
I have started my odd-ball scaled USS Olympia. I also got my digital camera back from my girlfriend who took it with her to Florida this past week. I will post some pics of the Olympia this weekend, but the bikini pics are mine

Happy Building,
Sean
leader
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 110 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 10:22 AM UTC
Working on the Heller Scheer. Joined and cut the hull to waterline, joined the deck and removed the seam.....put together the main turrets and the secondary guns. Things have slowed down now, have gotten busy with school, hopefully will put some more time in the weeks to come.
jrnelson
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 719 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 10:45 AM UTC
Hi Guys-

Got the Konig's hull cut to waterline and am proceeding to drill out the portholes :-) So far so good.. lol

Later-
Jeff
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Model Shipwrights: 67 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 04:18 PM UTC
I'm building the Airfix 1/72 scale LCM Mk III landing craft. It will be carrying a Fujimi M4A1 Sherman tank. The original issue of this kit is listed at 1/76. It will represent a landing craft used during D-Day.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 04:01 AM UTC
Hey cool, what a feather in the Warships Forum's cap, Sabot is on board. Looking forward to seeing your work Sabot.

_GOTOTOP