_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type
For discussions on ships by class and type.
Meng's Adorable Lady Lex Out of Box
Mechworker
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 352 posts
Model Shipwrights: 15 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 05:26 AM UTC
One thing I’ve noticed as I continue in this great hobby, is that the longer I build, the more varied the subject matter I’m attracted to becomes. When I started, it was fast Vietnam-era or newer jets only. Then there was some WWII, then Gundams came along, then any weird plane, then cars, submarines and most recently tanks. However, one thing I’ve never been, and doubted I ever would be, interested in was surface ships.

This is nothing against surface ship kits; I know there are many excellent ones. However, I just don’t like ships much, and I don’t find them too interesting on a personal level. I’d rather build a loser car or some obscure failure of a plane than a ship. Well, that was until now.

Thanks to Meng, I have been sucked into the world of surface vessels. However, I’ve not gone easily into that dark night. Oh no. “What do you mean?” you ask. Well, the first surface ship I’m ever going to review, and in fact (likely) build is the Meng Warship Builder Lexington (CV-2). What makes it right up my alley, though, is that it’s an SD (Super Deformed) carrier, or “egg boat”.

It was so off the wall that I had to pick it up. Check out this weirdo of a kit at the link below. I think it’ll be a scream!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/out-of-box-reviews/meng-non-scale-warship-builder-cv-2-lexington-oob/

TimReynaga
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,500 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,830 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 06:17 AM UTC
Hi Adam,

This is the Lady Lex as we've never seen her before - this project looks like it will be super fun! I can't wait to see what you do with this one. Be sure to post pictures as you proceed!

RedDuster
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 7,078 posts
Model Shipwrights: 6,649 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 01:44 PM UTC
What Tim said Adam,

would be interested to see one of the se quirky little beasts go together.

Will be along for the ride.

Cheers

Si
 _GOTOTOP