_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Deck Panels....
SonOfAVet
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 547 posts
Model Shipwrights: 132 posts
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2004 - 05:38 AM UTC
Hello all you sea dogs,
I have a question...how important is it to be able to see the deck lines on --oh a 1/350 scale Bismarck? I have been trimming the deck so it sits flush with the hull...in doing so I removed some detail and planned or rescribing some of the lines. After doing a few and relizing how difficult it may be, I am wondering if it is even worth the time? Perhaps just remove all the lines and simulate the look with different shades of brown/wood color? I jsut dont want to spend hours on something that isnt worth it...so what do you guys think?

Sean
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2004 - 07:21 AM UTC
I think the answer is like so many things in our hobby, it's up to YOU. If you're modeling for yourself, to make you happy, then do what you like. IF you're building it for some competition then they may take points off for this. I don't want to put words in Treadhead's mouth but I'm sure nobody here would mind if you're doing this for the Warships of the Atlantic campaign.

SonOfAVet
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 547 posts
Model Shipwrights: 132 posts
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2004 - 09:55 AM UTC
Well I would like to have done this Bismarck for the Atlantic campaign but I was afraid that I wouldnt have enough time to finish it-- thats why I decided to build the USS Olympia. I think I will just take time and try to add the lines. I was also thinking of having the Bismarck as a secondary entry after my Olympia.

Sean
 _GOTOTOP