_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
New Review - Schnellboot S-100
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
Model Shipwrights: 20 posts
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2004 - 08:56 AM UTC
Hi there

P7 has submitted an in-box-review of Revell's 1/72 Schnellboot. It sounds like a very neat kit and great value for money! :-)

All the best

Rowan
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,315 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2004 - 09:42 AM UTC
Hi. Thanks Merlin for this review of the kit. I do believe this is the one at the local hobby shop I was telling Halfyank about on the other posting. I'm headed up that way tomorrow for just a 'look round' so I'll have to check this kit out more closely. Looks like a pretty good place to start for somebody like myself who has never done a boat model before. With AFV kits out the wazoo here what I need is ANOTHER model, but what they heck. In for a dime in for a dollar I guess.

Take care, Sgirty
Tony_Frey
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 272 posts
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2004 - 09:51 AM UTC
Yes, thank you for the review. I picked this up the other day at the Hobby Lobby sale for only $10. I've never tackled any type of ship before, so I'm hoping I can do it some justice.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2004 - 09:54 AM UTC
That's great, another Warship review. We need more of them on Armorama.

For anybody who is interested, and who has a Hobby Lobby near by, they're having their semi annual half off sale. The three stores in town have plenty of these at about $10 after the half off. A great deal.

MEBM
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 1,055 posts
Model Shipwrights: 30 posts
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2004 - 03:16 PM UTC
Yeah, it is a great kit. It looks pretty good. Thanks for your time.
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2004 - 03:27 PM UTC
Howdy all! Yes it is a very nice kit. I have not built mine yet, but I have drooled in the box alot! Once I get by all these builds that I'm in I will tackle this beauty!

Cheers,

Garry
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,315 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 11:23 AM UTC
Hi. Picked this kit up today at the hobby store, and for around $17 to boot. Very, very nice and highly detailed kit, with roping and plenty of decals and all. A very nice model for a very good price, considering the general prices of kits these days. Only problem is trying to build it, as this is going to be the very first boat I've ever tried my hands at. Hope I can do it some justice to it.

Take care, Sgirty
BlueBear
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 414 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 08:08 PM UTC
RG did a good job on the boat itself other than the molded on ventilators over the engine compartment that the instructions say to remove. The only other problem is the lack of any bridge crew and gunners---have to steal them off of an old airfix E-boat or a British Vosper.
 _GOTOTOP