_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Atlantic Build, I don't know what to build!
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 02:24 AM UTC
Hi! I'm thinking of building the Academy German U-boat for this group build. I'm also thinking of building the USS Tarawa and Essex. What other LHDs available that I can use for this build? Easy one and very little gaps please. Thanks!
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 3,179 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 12:12 PM UTC
Don't know the quality, but vote is for the Tarawa....
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Model Shipwrights: 453 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 12:21 PM UTC
Howdy shonen,

Boy.......tough one. I must confess to being a big Sub fan (is there anyone else here who likes Sub's?), so my leaning is towards the U-Boat.............but, I've been reading lately about the Tarawa, so.........geeeez.
O.K., .........here's what to do.......I'll toss the coin and you choose, hang on a sec.......O.K...(flip!).........."Call it!!".......

Tread.
BlueBear
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 414 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 07:53 PM UTC
If you have made up your mind on a landing ship, there's the old Airfix HMS Fearless that you might be able to find still. White Ensign Models has detail packs and photoetch for weapons, ship details and Royal Marine Commando Sea Kings. down side is it is in 1/600---odd scale. The Brits would have been stuck up the Yalu without a paddle if she wasn't around back in '82 for the little Falklands fracus with the Argentines
 _GOTOTOP