_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
What's on the workbench.
LZ32-TX
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 34 posts
Model Shipwrights: 28 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 - 05:36 AM UTC
So its been about two years since I've shown any signs of life on this site mostly because of college, studying for a certification exam and then actually getting a job. So I felt that its about time that I started posting again, and hopefully this would also help me make some progress. I will be using this blog to document any ships that I am currently working on.

So currently I'm working Tamiya's 1/350 scale Kagero with the infini models upgrade set and this is what I have done so far:

I haven't finished putting all the linoleum brass strips as I have been gluing them on a few every couple of days since they are very hard to put into place (As you can see in one of the pics I managed to bend one of the strips on the front deck area|:( ).

Here we have the gun turrets. The only things I've done to them is add the brass barrels, I just need to add all the little rails to them.

Here we have the two masts, they are pretty much finished just need to glue a ladder to the main one.

The bridge is just missing the portholes and the supports that go under the bridge area.

The rear superstructure. Just need the portholes and the handrails (which I managed to lose so I'm going to have to get some spare railings and cut them to size)

The main superstructure and main funnel. just need the funnel caps.

I won't be adding paint until I have most of the photoetch added.

The AA platform with the rear funnel. Just need to add the ladder steps that go on the side of the funnel and the AA guns.

And here are some of my other works in progress, the 1/350 scale Mikasa with the Pontos detail up set, the 1/700 scale Ise and the 1/350 scale Tsesarevich in her 1904 configuration.

That's all for now. I will try to work on these during my free time and post updated every two weeks or so.
d6mst0
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,925 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,298 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 - 02:07 PM UTC
Marco,

Welcome back. Nice progress on the Kagero.

Mark
USMA15
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 32 posts
Model Shipwrights: 15 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 - 02:33 PM UTC
Marco,

Looks like you've got some cool builds going on. It's good to know there's someone else around my age on these forums! Totally understand about being under a rock between graduating and actually finding a job. I just went through a pretty unpleasant 6 month job search myself, so, can relate!

-Andrew
RedDuster
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 7,078 posts
Model Shipwrights: 6,649 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 - 07:12 PM UTC
Very interesting builds going in there Marco, thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Si
 _GOTOTOP