_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
North Star announcement
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Model Shipwrights: 833 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2019 - 03:38 AM UTC
North Star just announced they are no longer shipping small orders to Canada and Australia because of lack of tracking of small packages and long delivery times because we (Canada) are sooo far away and remote (maybe they think we are on another planet, or are they??). Well, sucks to them; another place I don't have to order from anymore!

TimReynaga
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,500 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,830 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2019 - 05:21 AM UTC
Bummer. North Star is a little weird to deal with; I'm in the U.S., and they send everything tracked so I have to go to the post office for pick up every time - unnecessary and annoying!

Still, their products are first rate and always worthwhile. And you can still order from other sources. Just google North Star models or search E-bay and you will get any number of alternative vendors from which you can get their stuff.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Model Shipwrights: 833 posts
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2019 - 06:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Just google North Star models or search E-bay and you will get any number of alternative vendors from which you can get their stuff.

Ahh, if only that were true! I Googled North Star products, but nobody seems to carry everything; especially looking for their 54mm sci-fi figs, etc.
 _GOTOTOP