_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Photo Storage
rolltide31
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,481 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,332 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2019 - 01:43 PM UTC
Hey guys

Quick question, what photo repository is everyone using for their posts? The gallery only allows me to upload one picture at a time which keeps me from updating my posts cause it’s such a pain in the butt. Want to post more so looking for other options

Thanks for the input

David
RussellE
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 3,959 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,777 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2019 - 02:36 PM UTC
Hi Dave

Personally I'm quite happy with the kitmaker photo hosting site.

Sure, you have to select each picture individually in the initial step, but after that I just "process all" and away it goes

I like too, that I have complete control over the images (being a subscriber) unlike "free" sites, as many people found out when photo bucket changed their policy
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Model Shipwrights: 36 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2019 - 03:12 PM UTC
Hi David,
May I recommend imgur for image hosting. For starters, imgur features 'image drag-drop' from the desktop, manual image sorting,' and a very pleasant interface — generally more user-friendly. IMHO. In addition, there are apps available for iPhone/iPad and Android. HTH.

Cheers!🍺
—mike
rolltide31
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2019 - 12:47 AM UTC
Russell, I agree. I prefer the gallery, I don’t mind the individual selection but I have to process each picture individually. Any more than one picture and it gives me an error. Not sure if it’s an issue with my computer or not but it has come to the point we’re trying to upload 20 pictures is a pain

Mike, thanks for the recommendation. I’ll check out imgur. The phone app has some attractiveness since I use my phone to take pictures

Thanks gents

Dave
RussellE
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2019 - 10:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Russell, I agree. I prefer the gallery, I don’t mind the individual selection but I have to process each picture individually. Any more than one picture and it gives me an error. Not sure if it’s an issue with my computer or not but it has come to the point we’re trying to upload 20 pictures is a pain

Mike, thanks for the recommendation. I’ll check out imgur. The phone app has some attractiveness since I use my phone to take pictures

Thanks gents

Dave

Hi Dave

it sounds like a connectivity issue. There's a couple of things you could try:

1. Temporarily turn off your anti-virus software and then try to load 2~3 pictures onto the kitmaker gallery. Your anti-virus could be the problem.

2. Alternatively it could be your internet connection timing out periodically. Try uploading 2~3 pictures at an alternate internet source.

3. If you're working wireless it could be your wifi. Try turning it off and connecting directly through a cat-5e cable to your modem then attempt to load 2~3 pictures.

One of these options may identify the issue.
rolltide31
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2019 - 11:30 PM UTC
Russell,

Thanks, ill give that a shot and see what happens.

Dave
Namabiiru
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 2,888 posts
Model Shipwrights: 73 posts
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2019 - 11:37 PM UTC
I also prefer the gallery, although I've always known there was a size limit on the amount of data to be uploaded at one time. In trying to get my photos as large as possible I have found that I can usually only upload one at a time, maybe two if I'm lucky.

RussellE
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 - 12:03 AM UTC
The other thing I do is to downsize my images to 1024 wide. That way you're not trying to upload huge files & it's easier for people to view your blog as they load a lot quicker on their computers
RussellE
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Monday, April 29, 2019 - 09:52 AM UTC
Hi Dave

did you ever resolve this issue?
 _GOTOTOP