_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Atlantic Build - Ranger's USS Nashville
Ranger74
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,290 posts
Model Shipwrights: 58 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 06:18 AM UTC
I have added some more photos of this project to my gallery. I have a couple comments on the kit and my progress:

1. The kit, by JAG, is excellent!!!!

2. I should have painted the two bridge decks and hull before I added the two decks to the hull. It has been over 30 years since I have built a 1/700 ship and I have forgotten how close everything is - no manuever space for a paintbrush!!!

3. I should have use spray primer for the large parts, especially the hull, and spray paint the hull sides and flight deck. I have brush painted the entire kit and in some cases it has been "ugly".

But I persist in completing this excellent kit!!!!!

Jeff
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 07:22 AM UTC
This shows my bias for WWII. You said USS Nashville, then you mention the "flight deck." I'm thinking, "A Brooklyn class cruiser doesn't have a flight deck?" DOH! Can't get used to all these new fangled ships. Looks pretty good so far. You're right about not much room to use a paint brush on 1/700.
Ranger74
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,290 posts
Model Shipwrights: 58 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 02:44 AM UTC
Halfyank -
I too did not know of the current USS Nashville untill I was conducting research on the WW2 Nashville!
I am saving money so that I can obtain the Iron Shipwright 1/350 version of the light cruiser Nashville. I just wish that the JAG kit was also in 1/350, then it would be same scale as my USS Tennssee, BB-43 (1943 rebuild), and my USS Tennessee (Trident missle nuc boat).

But you somtimes have to setle for that you can find!

Thanks for the nice comments.

Jeff
 _GOTOTOP