_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Dragon 1/700 Enterprise CVN 65 1969?
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Model Shipwrights: 173 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 01:58 AM UTC
Does anyone know if Dragon actually released the 1969 version of the USS Enterprise they advertised back in 2017? I bought their USS Long Beach in anticipation of the Enterprise Kit, (and maybe a Bainbridge too?). Did I miss the Enterprise? I think JAG made a Bainbridge (a pricey one at $78), but there are some other kits of her class that could be converted. However the Enterprise, like the Long Beach, is one of a kind.
VR, Russ
Quincannon
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 275 posts
Model Shipwrights: 273 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 02:18 AM UTC
Don't think so. Dragon made a lot of promises including a Gyatt DDG 1 in 1/350 scale, then they just seemed to lose interest in ships altogether. The list of what they were supposed to be issuing is long, another like Gyatt, is a 1/350 Atlanta.

I think the most that can be hoped for is the re-issue of existing kits. Look elsewhere for Enterprise would be my advice.
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Model Shipwrights: 173 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 08:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Don't think so. Dragon made a lot of promises including a Gyatt DDG 1 in 1/350 scale, then they just seemed to lose interest in ships altogether. The list of what they were supposed to be issuing is long, another like Gyatt, is a 1/350 Atlanta.

I think the most that can be hoped for is the re-issue of existing kits. Look elsewhere for Enterprise would be my advice.

That’s the trouble— there is no "elsewhere" to look for a 1/700 CVN 65 Circa 1969 with the bee-hive radar array. To my knowledge nobody else makes one. .
VR, Russ
 _GOTOTOP