_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Carriers
Topics on all types of carriers from the early 20th century to today.
Question about the IJN Agaki aircraft carrier
Wolf-Leader
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 1,225 posts
Model Shipwrights: 32 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 - 01:44 PM UTC
I'm SUPER DETAILING my Hasegawa 1/700th IJN Agaki and when I mean superdetail I'm talking about when its done and ready for paint,a good 75-80% of the kit will be completely PE brass!
So I would like to know if anyone knows of a company(s)that sells detailed lifeboats and its armament,such as the single 20cm guns,12cm AA guns,and the twin 25mm AA guns?
I don't know if anyone makes the weapons in resin/brass(PE)or even the lifeboat in resin/brass(PE).
Now I really don't know what the official names are for the lifeboats,because I'm new to building Japanese ships,maybe they're just called,lifeboats.
But if you guys know then that would be a huge help.
Thank you.
TimReynaga
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,500 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,830 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 - 02:49 PM UTC
Hi Jody,

Fine Molds makes some spectacular injection molded parts. Freetime has the 25mm singles and twins at
https://freetimehobbies.com/1-700-fine-molds-nano-dread-ijn-type-96-25mm-single-twin-machinegun-w-shield/.

Fine Molds also makes injection molded cutters (boats), 25mm ready use ammo boxes, and the larger caliber 12.7mm twins, although I believe the latter are of a later type than carried by Akagi - but they can still be the basis for upgrading the Akagi kit parts, if you are so inclined.
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,080 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 - 03:00 PM UTC
Niko Models do 25mm twin and triples in resin as well as some of the the larger guns. Agaki is one of the ships I don't know well so I can't be sure which weapons are suitable from Nikos IJN range.

As Tim has already pointed out the Fine Molds injection weapon sets are very good.
GaryKato
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,694 posts
Model Shipwrights: 167 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 - 08:06 PM UTC
Pit-Road also makes generic weapon/equipment set for IJN ships.
 _GOTOTOP