_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Free Frigate USS Constellation Plans offer
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Model Shipwrights: 173 posts
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2019 - 04:55 PM UTC
I'm in the middle of a major 3-car garage and workbench re-build (my hobby workshop is in the garage). While renovating the workbench section, I ran across a full set of plans for the USS Constellation and the USS 32 gun Frigate Essex. These plans are approximately 18"x30" fold outs, but the Essex is a little less complete than the Constellation. They appear to be from Scientific Models from the late 1950s or early 60s, but they are very nice. I believe I found them in a LHS that was closing about 15 years ago, and placed them in a little used drawer in my workshop. I don't want to throw them away, The are absolutely beautiful renditions. I'm willing to send them free (US only) to anyone who would give them a good home--(overseas postage I'd need help with). They'd look absolutely beautiful framed, or you could use them to wallpaper a small bathroom or closet! PM me if you are interested.
VR, Russ
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - 07:50 AM UTC
That didn’t take long! Sorry folks, but the plans for the Constellation and Essex have found s new home in Colorado.
VR, Russ
timmyp
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 496 posts
Model Shipwrights: 404 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - 03:21 PM UTC
If I had seen this post earlier, I certainly would have made a play for them. Any chance you made a copy or two???
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - 04:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

If I had seen this post earlier, I certainly would have made a play for them. Any chance you made a copy or two???

Sorry, Timothy, they are a bit large for my copier. I wish I could, but these are really too large to get effective copies.
VR, Russ
 _GOTOTOP