_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Is Floating Drydock still in business?????/
swede82
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 135 posts
Model Shipwrights: 8 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2019 - 09:05 AM UTC
Sent in an ordeer and have heard nothing. Sent an E mail for info on order and heard nothing! Anyone know if they are still around???
SpurnWater71
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 76 posts
Model Shipwrights: 73 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2019 - 11:42 AM UTC
If they have gone out of business I for one will miss them. Have acquired many references from them over the years.

I noted that their website says the business has been sold and that the website is said to be under construction. The ordering instructions have the old Florida address while a Maryland address and different email appear several places elsewhere on the page. Curious as to which address you used
swede82
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 135 posts
Model Shipwrights: 8 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2019 - 10:08 AM UTC
Sent it in on their web page order form. Finally heard from them. A girl sent me an E mail that they needed my CC number to start, then she E mails back a few hours later saying "Nope forget it , didn't read all the way down on the form. Time went by, no ship notice and sent E mail. Got one back saying all is cool mailed out a couple days ago. Time goes by, 4 days from the ship I send another E mail.Today I get a UPS track sheet for the item being shipped....today. I really don't know if I want to deal with them again.
SpurnWater71
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 76 posts
Model Shipwrights: 73 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 - 12:10 PM UTC
Sad to hear of that kind of poor service from a once-reputable business.
 _GOTOTOP