_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Submarines
Topics on submarines of all types and eras.
1/72nd stanchions for the Gato sub........
swede82
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 135 posts
Model Shipwrights: 8 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 01, 2019 - 07:37 AM UTC
Working up the Revell 1/72nd Gato kit.Two of the curved stanchions for the foredeck of the fairwater (forward cigarette deck) are broken beyond a clean repair. Does anyone know where I can purchase new stanchions? I must be looking in the wrong places. Any advise or info would be appreciated!!!
d6mst0
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,925 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,298 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 01, 2019 - 12:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Working up the Revell 1/72nd Gato kit.Two of the curved stanchions for the foredeck of the fairwater (forward cigarette deck) are broken beyond a clean repair. Does anyone know where I can purchase new stanchions? I must be looking in the wrong places. Any advise or info would be appreciated!!!

It made be better to scratch build them out of wire.

Mark
YellowHammer
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 554 posts
Model Shipwrights: 219 posts
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 - 02:33 AM UTC
Hi Howard,
Have you checked model railroad suppliers? Many RR enthusiasts super detail their locomotives and cars with railings. There's a plethora of scales so there may be something you can match or use to scratch your own. I would start with HO scale and go from there.
HTH
John
swede82
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 135 posts
Model Shipwrights: 8 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2019 - 12:23 PM UTC
Thanks guys...pne, I really hate scratching out that many so I'll try to fix the broken ones. Hadn't thought of the RR goodies line. Will look through those.........
 _GOTOTOP