_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Very Fire Future Releases!!!
rolltide31
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,481 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,332 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 03:42 AM UTC
Hey everyone,

I received word today from Very Fire indicating that their next release will is expected to a 1/350 Cleveland Class Cruiser followed by a 1/350 Atlanta Class Cruiser!!!

No timeline was provided.

Dave
Quincannon
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 275 posts
Model Shipwrights: 273 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 04:23 AM UTC
Good God, my dreams do come true after all.

My only hope is that they are smart enough to provide the extra parts for the last two of the Atlanta Class, San Diego and San Juan, and hope against hope that they would include enough parts and engineer the kit so that you may build the four Oaklands too.

Same is true for the Cleveland. Pit Road, with their Cleveland and Miami kits gave you what you needed to build nearly all of the class, both round and square bridge, keeping in mind that almost all of the Clevelands were different in one way or the other.

Have you heard any feedback on the quality of their Des Moines Class?
rolltide31
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,481 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,332 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 04:33 AM UTC
Chuck,

I have not heard anything about the Des Moines Class. As far as your other points, I am not sure if they intend to include those options or if they will release multiple kits like they did with the Iowa Class Battleships. I will ask the question and see what they come back with.

David
MartinJQuinn
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 574 posts
Model Shipwrights: 530 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 05:07 AM UTC
Discussion of the Salem (Des Moines class) and pictures of some of the sprues here: http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=206199
Quincannon
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 275 posts
Model Shipwrights: 273 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 07:56 AM UTC
Martin: Thanks for those pictures. The way they did that superstructure is impressive, and should ease building the model considerably.

David: Either way is fine with me. There are so many possibilities with both kits, and I am sure that both Atlanta and Cleveland will be just like a certain brand of potato chips, you just can't eat (build) one.

Now if they would produce a Fargo, Oregon City, and Worcester there would truly be a God in Heaven, peace would reign on earth, and good will would prevail among all men. Don't expect any of that to happen, but I did not expect to see an Atlanta, Salem, or Cleveland in 1/350 plastic during my lifetime either.
 _GOTOTOP