_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Want to be part of a group build? This is where to start, plan, and meet about them.
Proposal: Coal Burners
phil2015
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 502 posts
Model Shipwrights: 41 posts
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2020 - 11:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Tim,
I like your new ribbon proposal!
John

Quoted Text

I'm REALLY FLEXIBLE when it comes to award ribbons. But I do like the second a lot.

Ok, I've added the new ribbon to the Burnin' Coal Campaign page!

Cool, but where is the Burnin' Coal Campaign page?
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
Model Shipwrights: 154 posts
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2020 - 12:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Here ya go!

https://modelshipwrights.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Campaigns&file=index&req=showcontent&id=1050

Cheers, D
phil2015
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2020 - 12:22 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Here ya go!

https://modelshipwrights.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Campaigns&file=index&req=showcontent&id=1050

Cheers, D

Thanks. I think something in my setup is borked. I went to the page and enlisted but when I click on campaigns under Model Shipwrights it doesn't show up. And it doesn't show up on the list of campaigns I've signed up for. Any ideas about what I might be doin' rong?
timmyp
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 496 posts
Model Shipwrights: 404 posts
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2020 - 02:10 PM UTC
Thinking about this campaign, it dawned on me that RMS Titantic was coal-fired.

Tim
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
Model Shipwrights: 154 posts
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2020 - 02:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks. I think something in my setup is borked. I went to the page and enlisted but when I click on campaigns under Model Shipwrights it doesn't show up. And it doesn't show up on the list of campaigns I've signed up for. Any ideas about what I might be doin' rong?

It's still in the "Awaiting Approval" stage, scroll right to the bottom of the Campaigns page.

https://modelshipwrights.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Campaigns&file=index
GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 4,648 posts
Model Shipwrights: 249 posts
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2020 - 04:40 PM UTC
Enlisted! Looking forward to getting this one done. Gonna see if I can find an AM refit before I go try to scratch one myself. Last time I tried to scratch a foremast it about drove me insane, and looked better the farther away I got.
GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 4,648 posts
Model Shipwrights: 249 posts
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2020 - 04:48 PM UTC
Oh... by the way, I have a question: When you are adding an Artwox deck to a plastic model, doesn't it shorten or obscure molded on details?
d6mst0
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,925 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,298 posts
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2020 - 09:22 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Oh... by the way, I have a question: When you are adding an Artwox deck to a plastic model, doesn't it shorten or obscure molded on details?

Yes it does as you are putting on an extra layer of material on the deck, some brands more than others. Most times the adhesive used by the manufacturer will fail and the edges will start to lift.

They do look nice so one has to decide, paint or not.

Mark
phil2015
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2020 - 01:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

It's still in the "Awaiting Approval" stage, scroll right to the bottom of the Campaigns page.

https://modelshipwrights.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Campaigns&file=index

I can't see that either, I'm afraid....
TimReynaga
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,500 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,830 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2020 - 01:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Don't worry, Phil. Once approved it will appear on the Your Current Campaigns and Active Campaigns sections of the Campaigns page with the others.

McRunty
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 602 posts
Model Shipwrights: 349 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2020 - 05:53 AM UTC
Since coal burner kits are not as common I think a list of available kits would be good for anyone who may want to join.

Since I only work in 1/350 when it comes to kits here is a list of plastic 1/350 scale kits I found online. This is by no means exhaustive and I encourage other members to add to this regardless of scale or if its a plastic/resin kit.

1/350 Plastic Kits

Revell Dresden
Revell Emden

ICM Konig class (Konig, Großer Kurfürst, Kronprinz, Markgraf)

Trumpeter HMS Dreadnought (1907, 1915, 1918)
Trumpeter Battleshp Tserevich (1904, 1917)
Trumpeter SMS Viribus Unitas

Zvezda Russian Cruiser Varyag
Zvezda Borodino
Zvezda HMS Dreadnought

Hobby Boss Danton class (Danton, Voltaire, Condorcet)
Hobby Boss Lord Nelson class (Lord Nelson, Agamemnon)
Hobby Boss SMS Seydlitz

Hasegawa IJN Mikasa

Minicraft RMS Titanic

Bronco Ting Yuen
Bronco Ching Yuen

From Phil:
1/700 plastic.

Flyhawk:
Invincible
Derfflinger
Lutzow
Againcourt
German destroyer G-37

ICM:
Konig (they have multiple kits marketed as some of the sisters)
jimb
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
Model Shipwrights: 185 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2020 - 07:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Minicraft RMS Titanic

We can enter civilian ships? Missed that.

Jim
McRunty
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2020 - 07:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Minicraft RMS Titanic

We can enter civilian ships? Missed that.

Jim

Any ship as long as it burns coal
phil2015
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 - 06:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Don't worry, Phil. Once approved it will appear on the Your Current Campaigns and Active Campaigns sections of the Campaigns page with the others.

OK. Don't mean to be a pest, but I can see from the link posted above that people are able to sign up for it and have done so, but I still don't see it on the campaigns page. Is there something else I need to do?
TimReynaga
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 - 11:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

OK. Don't mean to be a pest, but I can see from the link posted above that people are able to sign up for it and have done so, but I still don't see it on the campaigns page. Is there something else I need to do?

Phil, be sure to log in and the Burnin' Coal Campaign should appear in the Awaiting Approval section at the bottom of the page. I tried going there without logging in a minute ago and it does not appear.
phil2015
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 - 11:55 AM UTC

Tried that. I think you see an awaiting approval listing because you are an editor, perhaps?

I'm fine with it being in the awaiting approval stage and trust it will eventually appear. I just want to make sure I don't need to do anything. Sounds like that is not the case so I'm all good.....
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Model Shipwrights: 306 posts
Posted: Monday, October 05, 2020 - 06:22 AM UTC
Gents, I have withheld approval of the campaign because its duration is for 2 weeks (12-15-2020 to 12-31-2020). I can't see that as correct, but if it is, it seems far too short for any real modeling to occur, even during a pandemic.
phil2015
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Monday, October 05, 2020 - 06:34 AM UTC
the end date should be 2021....
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Model Shipwrights: 306 posts
Posted: Monday, October 05, 2020 - 09:59 AM UTC
The date has been corrected and the campaign approved. Have at it, boys!
McRunty
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2020 - 03:46 AM UTC
Phil, I hope you will start this up on the new forum site. I am looking forward to it. Enough so that my new coal burner is on its way in the mail
phil2015
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2020 - 05:30 AM UTC

I started a thread there. Not sure how the rest of the group build stuff goes. Will the campaigns section remain constant with the transition?
TimReynaga
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, October 16, 2020 - 04:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I started a thread there. Not sure how the rest of the group build stuff goes. Will the campaigns section remain constant with the transition?

There is at present no "Campaigns" section as such on the new Model Shipwrights site, but there is a Group Build Area. I'd like to reconstruct the Campaigns idea (ribbons and such) there - if you have ideas how this should look, by all means let me or Jim know!

phil2015
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Friday, October 16, 2020 - 09:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

There is at present no "Campaigns" section as such on the new Model Shipwrights site, but there is a Group Build Area. I'd like to reconstruct the Campaigns idea (ribbons and such) there - if you have ideas how this should look, by all means let me or Jim know!

Is it possible that there would be a separate campaigns section and it's just not designed, or having such is not possible?

I think it would be great if there were a campaigns section that listed campaigns much like what we have now. It would be great if for each campaign you could have a page with a list of rules, list of participants, picture of the ribbon, a link to the official thread, and a link to the campaign gallery. I guess that is much like what we have now.

Being fairly new here, with a transition, would it be possible to have slightly larger ribbons? I'm fine with what is there now, but we seem to occasionally get good ideas that don't really scale down to something that small.

TimReynaga
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, October 16, 2020 - 11:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Is it possible that there would be a separate campaigns section and it's just not designed, or having such is not possible?

I think it would be great if there were a campaigns section that listed campaigns much like what we have now. It would be great if for each campaign you could have a page with a list of rules, list of participants, picture of the ribbon, a link to the official thread, and a link to the campaign gallery. I guess that is much like what we have now.

Being fairly new here, with a transition, would it be possible to have slightly larger ribbons? I'm fine with what is there now, but we seem to occasionally get good ideas that don't really scale down to something that small.

Phil, you have some good suggestions here with which others may agree. If you haven't already done so, would you repost this discussion on the new MSW forum? We're transitioning over fully this weekend and it would be a shame if your ideas got lost in the shuffle!

thanks,
Tim

TimReynaga
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, October 17, 2020 - 08:07 AM UTC
Here's the link to the Burnin' Coal Campaign on the new MSW:

https://forums.kitmaker.net/t/burnin-coal-campaign/542/4