_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Its A Girl !!!!!
BlueBear
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 414 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, May 03, 2004 - 04:23 PM UTC
Been away for the past month and a half taking care of my little sister and her baby girl through a rough delivery. Watch out for your little boys everyone, there's another little wild Marshallese woman out there that will be out looking for scalps in about 15 years named Angellina Imani Reimers ! (Cute as a Bug's ear if I do say so myself)
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Posted: Monday, May 03, 2004 - 05:35 PM UTC
Howdy Bluebear!
I guess this calls for congrats! I been wondering where you have been.
Well that explanes it! More important matters then building ships indeed.
Welcome back, and build on my friend!

Garry
mondo
Visit this Community
Mindanao, Philippines
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
Model Shipwrights: 34 posts
Posted: Monday, May 03, 2004 - 06:37 PM UTC
The most that women/females/girls (or whichever one you deem to be politically correct) have done for scale modelling as far as I know is buy it for their husbands, boyfriends or brothers. I have never really met a girls who makes armor models and stuff. I dated an architecture student in college once. She helped me build a USS Missouri. we never even got to finish it.

SOW1
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 289 posts
Posted: Monday, May 03, 2004 - 07:10 PM UTC
Ummm Mondo, You might want to take a look at Ladymodelbuilder, MrsSelrach and myself then. Last I checked I was female... Ladymodelbuilder , MrsSelrach and I all have borne children. and IF I am not mistaken there are other women on this site as well. (++) Ah yes, also if any of you has any advice for a Newbie Model Ship builder I would appreciate any assistance. I recentl acquired the Cutty Sark, and would love to get any info you can give. Also, congrats on the new neice! I hope she lights up you and your familiy's life as much as my children have mine.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 12:25 AM UTC
Congratulations Uncle Bluebear. You're not going to bring a bottle of champagne to the christening to break over the little girls head, are you?
:-)
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 12:27 AM UTC
SOW1, from all reports you are indeed female. Welcome over to the "floaty" side. Can't help you with your Cutty Sark. I personally haven't made anything older than 1941 since I was a kid. But I'll bet you'll get some answers here.

SonOfAVet
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 547 posts
Model Shipwrights: 132 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 01:12 AM UTC
Congratulations BlueBear, glad to hear about the new addition to the family as well as your return.

Sean
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Model Shipwrights: 453 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 01:35 AM UTC
CONGRATULATIONS!! BlueBear.

Your sister must be proud of her new daughter, and just as proud of having a good and caring brother like yourself to be there when she needed you!
Good on ya mate.
Glad to hear everone's doing well, and I don't doubt for a second your new neice is living up to the essence of her new first name......Angellina.

Tread.
SOW1
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 289 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 02:17 PM UTC
OK Halfyank, who have you been talking to? lol
boosahmer
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 651 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 02:25 PM UTC
Congratulations, Bluebear..beer and cigars, all around!!!
Spades
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 776 posts
Model Shipwrights: 58 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 03:03 PM UTC
Congratulations on the addition of the lil one.

Welcome to my world, endless nights of crying, uncontrollable bladders, sleepless nights, tossing and turning, buckets of tears, mountains of diapers, and thats just you, lets not even get into talking about the lil one !!!!!!!!

Mondo...um...can we get back to WHY you did not finish the USS Missouri ???? hmmmm.....puhlease !!!!!!!
11Charlie
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 926 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 08:53 AM UTC
Bluebear,

Congrats on the niece. Kids are great, especially when you can give them back, lol. Just kidding. I have five, four are 15 -20YOA and a two year old. They are all terrific kids, in spite of me...

SOW1,
The only advice I can offer on your Cutty Sark is to find a really nice place to display it once you've finished it....my nautically themed basement would be a terrific place, lol...good luck on all that rigging!
:-)
BlueBear
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 414 posts
Posted: Friday, May 14, 2004 - 11:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ummm Mondo, You might want to take a look at Ladymodelbuilder, MrsSelrach and myself then. Last I checked I was female... Ladymodelbuilder , MrsSelrach and I all have borne children. and IF I am not mistaken there are other women on this site as well. (++) Ah yes, also if any of you has any advice for a Newbie Model Ship builder I would appreciate any assistance. I recentl acquired the Cutty Sark, and would love to get any info you can give. Also, congrats on the new neice! I hope she lights up you and your familiy's life as much as my children have mine.

Thanks everyone for the good wishes for the Munchkin About your Cutty Sark, get you an industrial size bottle of asperin, some strong lighted magnifying glasses, a large display case and lots of cat repellant to spray around your working area when you try to rig her
 _GOTOTOP