_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
1/72 Zvezda Triera. Has anyone......
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 11:35 PM UTC
Hello there guys . I was wondering if anyone of u has builded the 1/72 Zvezda Greek Triera and would have some tips on it, maybe some improvements and some help possible or even reference found. If so i would be obliged . Thanks a lot

Costas
geronimo
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 136 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 08:06 PM UTC
Hi Major !

From what I know about greek triremas, they didn't have that second sail at the bow (this was introduced later by the Romans). I don't remember the kit clearly (just opened the box once), but if there is a catapult inside, this is also wrong. The size and shape of this ship looked very good to me, its prize is unfortunately way to high for my budget. Are you planning to do a dio ?

Btw, good match against Spain !

CU

Frank
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 06:45 PM UTC
Thanks Frank . I ve already have this kit at hand , as a friends call to build it for him . he likes historicals but he is no modelling . So he asked me if i could do that . I said yes , but now seeing all that rope work i got to do ......Geeeeee Its a big kit with good quality of plastic as i can see. The two faults that u notice are indeed to be corrected and also some flag to be left out and probably the sail colours to be altered. I just received it , and havent looked it very much but 20 full instruction pages seem enough for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Any way maybe i ll be posting here while making it , also asking for some help . Havent build a ship for ages now and more an ancient one !!!
Thanks for footbal congrats i hope today against France we do one more surprise !!!! well see.
Sorry that u re out , but i think your team needs some serious changes . I ve alsways been a fun of German team but this Euro was a dissapointement ....
C U

Costas
 _GOTOTOP