_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Tamiya's Big E
rbasniak
Visit this Community
Brazil
KitMaker: 4 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 08:29 PM UTC
Hello all,

This is my 1st message here my name's Rodrigo and I usually build militar aircrafts in 1/72 scale, but right now I'm building an 1/350 Tamiya's Big E I got lots of informations about him and I discovered some mistakes in this kit I'm going to do a super detailed Big E and I have to do some questions to people who have been done done this kit or still working on it
Is there anyone that builded Big E and want to answer me some questions?

Hope see you soon,
Chief
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 498 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 10:26 PM UTC
Rodrigo, Welcome aboard ARMORAMA. I have not built that big one, yet, but I did serve on the Enterprise from 1984-1986. You need to first decide on what time frame in her service you are going to build. In 1984 she looked entirely different then when my cousin served on her in 1969, and she looks different now, than when I was on her. If you would like, I could scan some pictures from my cruise album for you if you would like. HTH
m1garand
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,248 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 10:28 PM UTC
Welcome to Armorama!

Try here: CVN65

HTH
rbasniak
Visit this Community
Brazil
KitMaker: 4 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 01:59 AM UTC
Chief, of course any kind of information would be so appreciated! Specially pictures, because I don't have good ones. I have a copy of a book about Big E but it's only a photocopy so the pictures' quality are poor.
I really like this ship and I want to make the most perfect model in the world! :-) Am I crazy? Maybe yes and maybe not! My list of things to do and improve in the model is growing every day, (thank you for that link m1garand, I got my things to put in my list there)...
I was thinking to build the atual frame in service, what do you think about this? Any suggestion? I have some newbie questions about carriers could you help me with this?
I will be eternally grateful if you send your pictures, if you can send me all of them :-) The things that I don't have good information are the internal deck, details of everything... well, everything you can send me will be great because I'll have a lot of work scratchbuilding that!

Thank you all...

[]'s

m1garand
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,248 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2002 - 02:05 AM UTC
CVN-65 Official Website
rbasniak
Visit this Community
Brazil