_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Monitoring Treadhead
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
KitMaker: 793 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2002 - 06:24 PM UTC
Here you go Tread as promised!!

Jack from Beyond the pale. [email protected]

Post prices this week.
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,561 posts
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2002 - 09:38 PM UTC
Excuse me for being something of a 'bulkhead' (hee hee.... ), but what is it? #:-)

YodaMan - Baffled am I
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2002 - 09:51 PM UTC
Brown water Naval craft, Riverine Forces Vietnam. Stanly Kubrick, your worst nightmare, and lots more. Take thy selection. In between it represents a 1:35th scale Naval patrol boat used for patriµoling the caost line of the REpublic of Vietnam.

Jack
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Model Shipwrights: 453 posts
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2002 - 10:57 PM UTC
Whew!......for a minute there after reading the title of this Thread, I thought you guys had finally voted to establish a 'Watch' over me..... I thought maybe my recent little tirade had triggered a 'Neighborhood Watch' or something. Glad to see I've been cleared of all charge's.

Now, back to what looks like an MRF Monitor! Holy Batman Capt.! Or should I say, Holy Captain Batman!?! Many, many thx for not forgeting me. I assumed you'd moved on to bigger and better issues of the mind. Sincerely, thx!
This thing looks like a beauty, heck it even has the 'stand-off' armour! Very nice. And at 1/35th scale it's gotta be fairly large (I just love the large scale stuff). Question though Capt., how is Nimix as far as quality of their kits?

Capt. Jack, I see a very nice (and potentially very large) dio in my future. I wonder if I could incorporate a GunTruck in the dio?.....hmmmmmm.

Capt., I owe ya one!

Tread.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2002 - 11:01 PM UTC
Hey Capt........since you're being soooooo generous.........have you thought about my request of a translated version of 'Steel Master's' ????? :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

...just kiddin'......kinda.

Tread.

:::::::::::now, if I can only talk one of our Oriental member's into translating 'Armour Modeling':::::::::::
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2002 - 12:26 AM UTC
Your a right wangler you are Tread. The kit (I have one) is really nice. Thie instructions have always been the weak point of this MFG. But you easily swim over this wave (har har) anyways, the quality of the castings is top drawer.

Jack
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2002 - 01:15 AM UTC
Thx Capt., I used the Email link you so graciously provided to contact them about availability and pricing. Hopefully I'll hear from them soon.
BTW, approx. how long is the kit? At 1/35th scale it must be fairly large.

Tread.
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2002 - 01:19 AM UTC
Bout the size from your elbow to fingertips (on normal humnoids) and about a hand wide sorry about 40 cms long, and 15cms wide. (found a ruler in the drawer!!°

Jack Wake up man, wake up!!!
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, July 27, 2002 - 01:44 AM UTC
Ooooooooooooh.........Tread like.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Model Shipwrights: 51 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2002 - 06:40 PM UTC
Tread,
Here is a site of a guy that scratch builds all sorts of Brown Water Navy craft. He has some great photos of his models and some really detailed in-progress shots with build descriptions. I have sent him e-mails in the past requesting info and offering to buy plans off of him with no response. I would love to build one of the ATC-Hs.

Mobile Riverine Force
Productions

Here are a few more photos of Brown Water Navy Craft.
Brown Water Navy
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 09:26 AM UTC
Gino,

I can't thank you enough for that link! Absolutely excellent stuff that guy builds! I am still doing research on the possibility of scratchbuilding some MRFstuff, and that link will (hopefully) help me loads. :-)

Strangely enough, and coincidently also, I just stopped by my local hobby shop, and you'll never guess what they just put out.! A 1/35th scale Nimix Monitor model kit.!!!!! Now , the box is open, and I can't really tell if it's all there, butttttttttt. Also, the original price was $174.95. It is marked down to sell at $ 89.95........question to both you (HeavyArty) and Capt.Jack.....is the kit worth the $89.95? That's the price of a Tamiya Dragon Wagon ya know.....

Tread.

Let me know.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Model Shipwrights: 51 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 09:50 PM UTC
Tread,
Sorry,
I can't vouch for the Nimix kit, I have never seen it. However, I can't justify paying that much for a resin kit. #1, I don't really like working with resin, #2, I would rather scrachbuild in plastic myself. That is my plan and I am sticking to it.
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 - 06:02 PM UTC
Grab the sucker Tread........OOPS sorry got carried away there! It's a bargain that you won't often find. It contains a HUMONGOUS etched brass fret and is nicely detailled. Do yourself a favour, You deserve it. Stars and bars recommendation from Jack. P.S. There was a full build of the creature from Robin Buckland in Militay Modelling, not sure which issue, to help you decide.

Jack
 _GOTOTOP