_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Academy ships?
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
KitMaker: 1,538 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2002 - 01:42 PM UTC
Has anyone tried these? They have a lot of carriers available in 1/720. I wanted to buy Italeri's carriers but a friend advised me to stay away from them. We tried the 1/200 Whaler and it was a nice one with sprues in different colors so painting is an option.
Abrams101
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 146 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2002 - 03:48 PM UTC
Dont stay away becouse sombody told you to, do what ever you feel.
You might be better at cariers that anthing else and never know it untill you try it. I had to do it with aircraft, I bought a f4u corsair and then realized I hated aviation afv's seemed a little more down to earth (no pun intended). so give it a try, at least you'll have your own opinion on them , opinions are like a$sholes everyones got em blah blah you know the line. so get your own a$shole . . . eh I meen opinion
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2002 - 03:05 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Dont stay away becouse sombody told you to, do what ever you feel.
You might be better at cariers that anthing else and never know it untill you try it. I had to do it with aircraft, I bought a f4u corsair and then realized I hated aviation afv's seemed a little more down to earth (no pun intended). so give it a try, at least you'll have your own opinion on them , opinions are like a$sholes everyones got em blah blah you know the line. so get your own a$shole . . . eh I meen opinion

Sully I like your style. :-) :-) :-) I am not waving, I am saluting Brits style.
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
KitMaker: 1,538 posts
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2002 - 03:08 PM UTC
Yeah! He really hits where it counts
NimitzFan
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 191 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 08:21 AM UTC
The Academy carriers are 1/800 and are not that bad. If you use photo-etch for detailing(i.e. railing) you will be out of luck because there are no photo-etch sets for 1/800. The 1/720 Italeri's can be built up very good with a few after market accessories.
 _GOTOTOP