_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Heller Charles de Gaulle 1/400
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,352 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 26, 2004 - 03:10 PM UTC
I finally opened the plastic bags and inspected it over, and my biggest disappointment was finding the tower is solid grey plastic, no holes for windows, and the plastic is pretty thick.

So there will be nothing I can do with that I know of for windows. The main planes the 12 Rafale M are in fairly good shape, at least they thinned down the wings some on them, but the 8 Super Etendar, they have a lot of scale issue's, and the 2 Dauphin helicopters, then the 2 radar planes I believe they need a lot of scale work to do.

But that is what I bought it for, is to work on, that is the fun of it.
Kerry
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 26, 2004 - 03:28 PM UTC
Howdy Kerry!
Doh! sorry I did'nt get back to you, out of site out of mind I guess!
Any way, your window problem. Thats a tough one. I would think the best way would be to use some brass pe parts. squares of the proper size attached in place, then painted in black. After the black dries you can dry brush over them with the hull color. And that should do it. It realy sounds like you do have your work(fun) cut out for you with this kit.

HTH,

Garry
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,352 posts
Posted: Monday, December 27, 2004 - 04:45 AM UTC
I think I might have made you misunderstood, I apologize for that, the widows have good borders, and all that, I just wanted them open, like on the top dome the glass it sort of goes over their heads a little bit, on the ends, like a sky light windows, but even on the real ship they are heavily tinted.

There is a lot of the parts that can be used, just some of it cut off and replaced with PE to bring it up to snuff, like some of it is quite thick, I had some stuff that wasn't this thick working with 1/35, so it will need toned down some.

This was a ship that started out with all the right intentions, and would of been the best, if it was handled right. The intentions they had for this ship will one day be the ship of the future. Just don't let it be handled like this one was. Meaning the real ship.

Kerry
 _GOTOTOP