_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Civilian Ships & Boats
Covers all non-sail civilian ships, craft, and boats.
Bluenose rigging complete, but...
caanbash
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,093 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, January 03, 2005 - 12:21 AM UTC
Hi all,

I have completed the rigging of my first wood ship Canadian fishing schooner Bluenose. I underestimated the toughness of rigging a sailship, it is a hard job. The toughness increases with scale: 1/115, which is quite small. The model after rigging is here:

I will post better pictures once I finish the model, I mean after making the sails.

OK, now what is that "but..." in the heading? It is about this: The kit has cotton threads for the rigging. Cotton threads become feathery during assembly. To avoid the fearhery look, I used diluted white glue, applied it on the gigging and some of the threads lost their stretched condition. They are dangling :-( ...

So, if you have any suggestions to stretch them again without removing, I would appreciate them.

Thank you very much.
Regards.
Cagin.

Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, January 07, 2005 - 12:50 AM UTC
hmm looks really neat and clean build and i know how hard ringin is . Good effort Cagin waiting to see more
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Model Shipwrights: 981 posts
Posted: Friday, January 07, 2005 - 02:52 AM UTC
Normally running the cotton thread thru bee's wax takes care of the fuzzies....... I really don't think there is much you can do to the rigging you sealed with white glue other than replace it.
 _GOTOTOP