_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Trumpeter USS North Carolina.
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 03:19 AM UTC
Squadron has the Trumpeter 1/350 Battleship North Carolina listed and are taking pre-orders. This is great news! They also mention that the kit will have an optional full or waterline hull. Proposed reliese date of may or june 2005. Hmm, could be here in time for the Dreadnought campaign!

Cheers

Garry
LogansDad
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 938 posts
Model Shipwrights: 17 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 04:05 AM UTC
And I would just like to toss out that my in-laws live within 5 miles of the NC in her permanent berth (Wilmington NC) so if there's enough interest I'd be more than happy to stop by for an all-day (or 2-day) walkaround photo session. The costumer from a theatre company for whom I used to work (in Wilmington) is married to the former commander of the NC(as an attraction), Capt. William Scheu. We used to have cast parties on board, and the ship would be closed to the public with free run(w/in limits) of all of the workspaces. I've been inside the FDC, turret1&3, bofors pits, magazines, engineering spaces...even tried to climb the catapult to look inside the Spotter A/C but was a bit too...altered...to be stealthy about it. . Never had the presence of mind to take a camera with me however...
So I'd like to rectify that by offering to get as much as I can for anyone interested-sadly, I doubt I'll have the access I once enjoyed .

And here's a shot of Logan (Lookin' very GQ) across the river from the old Grey Lady...

Thanks for the Campaign Garry! I haven't built a ship since a 1:700 Yamato waaayyy back when, but thanks to the kind offices of Blade48mrd, I think Logan & i will both be in on this one!
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 04:18 AM UTC
Start planing that photo shoot Robert! I'm sure there are a lot of Showboat fans here that would just love to see them walk around pic's, myself included! I realy do hope you and Logan join in on the campaign, it is going to be fun. As much of a nut I am about Battleships, I have never seen one real time! Your a lucky man.

Cheers,

Garry
MartinJQuinn
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 574 posts
Model Shipwrights: 530 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 06:28 AM UTC
There is also a good book available on the Showboat:

I have the companion volume on the USS Massachussets and it's quite good. I'm going to pick this up so when I get my NC, I'll be good to go.
SteveNuttal
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 94 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 12:00 PM UTC
take lots of pic of the guns
jRatz
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,171 posts
Model Shipwrights: 134 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 02:18 PM UTC
I also intend to do a photo-run this spring, since I'm doing the IronShipwright NC for Dreadnought. (What the hell, the couple-hundred dolars are spent, I'm not changing now!!)

I'll make same offer on pix -- between two of us we probably won't miss much ....

John
 _GOTOTOP