_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Progress pix of my HMS Warspite.
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 12, 2005 - 04:48 PM UTC
This is the Airfix 1/600 HMS Warspite Battleship. Not a bad kit after I got into it! So far I have the Hull halves joined and the deck attached. I drilled out all of the port holes on the hull. The ports on the kit were just raised rings on the hull. I will have more holes to drill once I start on the superstructure. So here is what I have done so far.

Cheers for now,

Garry
mlb63
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 355 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 - 12:20 PM UTC
Hey Garry ,nice work so far .Ihave a special interest in the old lady as my Uncle Fred was a decoder on board her at the time.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Model Shipwrights: 453 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 - 12:33 PM UTC
Howdy Garry,

Wow!....your Warspite is looking great so far sir. And from the pics you've done a dandy job of keepin' the all of the joins tight. Good on ya!

Just so you know. I have this very kit (and no plans of building it in the forseeable future). So, if you need another for whatever reason, give me a hollar.
I'm quite sure you'd do her better justice than I might.....

Tread.

oh......and BTW. is that carpet background your using from your earlier 'softshoe' days??........just kiddin'
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 - 03:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Howdy Garry,

Wow!....your Warspite is looking great so far sir. And from the pics you've done a dandy job of keepin' the all of the joins tight. Good on ya!

Just so you know. I have this very kit (and no plans of building it in the forseeable future). So, if you need another for whatever reason, give me a hollar.
I'm quite sure you'd do her better justice than I might.....

Tread.

oh......and BTW. is that carpet background your using from your earlier 'softshoe' days??........just kiddin'

Howdy Gordon, and thanks for the kind words! As far as the offer of your Warspite, I would'nt mind having it and it be mighty nice of you to offer it mate! I was thinking that this would be a great offer to some one who would like to join the Dreadnought campaign, but dont have or can not afford a ship kit.
What do you think about offering your kit to some one to start the campaign with? Either way, it is very nice of you to offer this Warspite kit Amigo!

KInd regards,

Garry
 _GOTOTOP