_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Dreadnoughts reference
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Friday, August 19, 2005 - 01:18 AM UTC
Hi All!

In these last days, everyone is busy with Dreadnoughts Campaign, as noticed by the lack of attendees at the forum!
It's good because it means you are producing and lots of models and progress pics will show soon (hint, hint)

Ok, but my intention with this post, is a little bit different...
I just have found this site, with great reference for the real Dreadnoughts, with 3D renders, original plans (even a Type II U-boot) and two picture albums of great historical interest - it almost makes me start to scratchbuilt one of those early Torpedo boats! What lines!!

Enjoy!

http://www.dreadnoughtproject.org/

Skipper
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Friday, August 19, 2005 - 02:20 AM UTC
Busy little bee's, Rui! :-) We are all working tediously on our entry's!!! Great site, Skipp! Just checked it out and added to the favorites...Thanks for the info!
Gunny
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Friday, August 19, 2005 - 02:38 AM UTC
Great link. Makes you really wish somebody would actually make a PLASTIC kit of the ship that started it all.

I once found a similar thing on HMS Hood, where somebody was doing a complete computer generated graphic of the ship with tons of details. I haven't found that yet but this link is pretty cool. I may very well do my 1/600 Airfix HMS Hood for the campaign and this is inspiration for me.

http://www.hmshood.com/photos/HoodPhotos3.html

I particularly like the ship's badges.

_Admiral_Fil
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 60 posts
Model Shipwrights: 60 posts
Posted: Friday, August 19, 2005 - 03:24 AM UTC
A most useful site indeed. Loads of original plans scans!!! Gives quite some inspiration to start to scratch one of those ships right now!!!
jRatz
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,171 posts
Model Shipwrights: 134 posts
Posted: Friday, August 19, 2005 - 01:06 PM UTC
OK, my excuse for no campaign progress is the time I spent studying this site .... :-)

John
 _GOTOTOP