_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Want a bigger Warship community?
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Model Shipwrights: 267 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 05:40 AM UTC
Armorama.com Wants You!

With this site now having over 1500 users and thousands more who visit the site regularly but have never registered, it's easy to forget that less than a year ago we were a community of just a handful of users. In fact I would greatly credit this sites growth on several people who showed a lot of interest in the site from day one (or maybe day two).

With this in mind I think it's important to say that even though a majority of our users are into armor, aircraft, and figures, the potential is still there for this site to become a great place for warship modelers to visit and interact. A good example of this is the recent article I posted on the new 1/350 Hornet from Trumpeter which has been read over 700 times in less than a month. This shows there is real interest for this kind of news on the site.

So, if you are someone who enjoys ship modeling and would like to help us buildup our community of warship modelers, please contact me about becoming a Warship News Editor or Reporter. This job entails inputing the stories directly onto the site so good grammer, spelling, and attention to detail are a plus. Also if images are added to the stories you will need to know some basic HTML and photo processing skills (which I can advise you on of course).

Of course anyone can contribute to Armorama.com. We really need a steady influx of articles, photos, news, and user comments in order to make the site an attractive link to return to again-and-again. So if you want to help out please do.

Thanks,
Jim
lifestyle
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 340 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 02:38 PM UTC
I Started out modeling ships about three years ago then got into armor models recently but I would love to help ot with the warship news. So Please IM Me if you think I would be a Viable canidate.
Thanks Branden
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
Model Shipwrights: 40 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 05:38 PM UTC
im with ya mate, ive done warships for a long time, but as i have recently made a topic about, i need a lil help with em, lol, but all the same, i have the skills u require, so if ya need me just give us a yell, cheers
budhaman
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 9 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 01:47 PM UTC
I would be interested in helping out in building this part of the site bigger. I run a website dedicated to shipmodeling and may have some useful info I can share. Let me know what you need.

Bud
Shinano
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 36 posts
Posted: Friday, February 14, 2003 - 04:47 AM UTC
My main interest is ships, however I like aircraft space and armor.I think expanding the ship forum is an excellent idea, I would like to contribute, let me know.
Shinano
Dmd
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 430 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 01:54 AM UTC
is it possible to get free samples ???

i acutally started with boats in wood ....

greetings

dmd
modelguy2
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 818 posts
Model Shipwrights: 278 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 15, 2003 - 07:39 AM UTC
Posted new photos on the MSN Site

http://groups.msn.com/armorama/modelguy2sstuff.msnw
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,561 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 15, 2003 - 08:25 AM UTC
Ooh! Nice looking ships! :-)
The Brooklyn is one impressive model... Wow! :-) I love the aircraft carrier too!

Would you be interested in a warship campaign? You can get details of the build here:
Warship campaign?

YodaMan
modelguy2
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 818 posts
Model Shipwrights: 278 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 15, 2003 - 08:39 AM UTC
Thanks for the invite Yoda but ongoing builds keep me pretty busy. Besides I couldn't think of doing a ship box stock!
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,561 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 15, 2003 - 08:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks for the invite Yoda but ongoing builds keep me pretty busy. Besides I couldn't think of doing a ship box stock!

Can't say I didn't try. :-)

Keep tuned, though. If this build is a success, we'll have more. (with different rules and, I hope, prizes)

YodaMan
adws
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 37 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 10:28 AM UTC
I will be more than happy to help you out in the warship area. I'm pretty new to the warship department, but I learn very very quickly. I'm a photographer and a Graphic Artist. I have a degree in Digital Imaging, and know alot about graphic design and imaging. I have photoshop, Illustrator, freehand, QuarkXPress, Dreamweaver, Flash, and others. I very familiar with every piece of software I have. Oh and did I say that I work for a newspaper? Well I do. If you still need someone just let me know.
 _GOTOTOP