_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Sailing Vessels
This forum is for sailing ships both civilian and military of any era.
San Martin in progress-1
rv1963
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,888 posts
Model Shipwrights: 213 posts
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2005 - 12:12 PM UTC

A few pics of my San Martin Spanish Galleon 1/90 scale all wood kit, this model is a double plank on bulk head kit, finished kit length is about 27 inches, so far all the bulkheads are glued to the keel as are all the decks and gun port boards, all decks have been covered with seprate planks of Ramin and all the hatchways have the African walnut trim installed. I have already started the first layer of hull planking and will post new picks when its done, should take about 2 weeks. Any and all comments welcome.
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2005 - 09:58 PM UTC
Hi RV - Good Morning

I have to admit that your work well and fast!
So far the San Martin looks great!
Looking forward to see it planked

Keep up

Skipper
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2005 - 10:59 PM UTC
Very nice, RV!
I'll have to agree with Rui on the speed of your work, mate!...looking forward to seeing more of this build! The African Walnut trim is fantastic!...nothing quite like the look of a good wooden ship model.
Gunny
rv1963
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,888 posts
Model Shipwrights: 213 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 - 02:43 AM UTC
Thanks guys this kit presents much more of a challenge because of the double planks, the first layer is going well and i hope to finish it at the end of the weekend. This kit is well designed with good instructions which acounts for some of the speedy construction, also i am off from work this week which will allow me to get alot of work done.
 _GOTOTOP