_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
HMSAS Natal (K10)
Mashuhuri
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
KitMaker: 1 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 01:27 AM UTC
Good Evening,
I am currently planning a diorama of the the sinking of U-714 by the Frigate HMSAS Natal on her maiden voyage (14 March 1945). Finally got a model of the VIIC class U-Boat in 1/144 scale, but are unable to locate a model of the Loch Class Frigate. (The previously promised "Loch Class" turned out to be a Flower Class Corvette) Would appreciate directions if someone has seen a "Loch Class" somewhere in a store recently.
Best
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 10,889 posts
Model Shipwrights: 79 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 02:18 PM UTC
Moderator note: Moved from South African Forum 4 Jan 2006

Hi all,

Please point Jakkie in the right direction - do you lads know of any one making a Loch Class Frigate in 1/144?

TIA

Rudi
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 05:27 PM UTC
Hi Jakkie and Rudy

The only "Loch Class" Frigates that I know in big scale are in 1/96 and 1/72 and are ment for R/C... although you can make it static or in a dio like you want!

If you can switch for a bigger scale you can have a constant scale with Revell U-boat and APS Loch Frigate - but as mentioned in Nick Park's "Creature Comforts":
- I need space

I hope this helped,

Skipper
breadvan
Visit this Community
Cape Province, South Africa
KitMaker: 1 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, June 30, 2006 - 01:22 PM UTC
Hi Jakkie

Read this with interest. My father was on board the HMSAS Natal and I am sure his surviving shipmates would be interested. Please email me directly so I can put you in touch.

Rgds, Mike
 _GOTOTOP