_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
has anyone?
Yayo01
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 84 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 09:17 PM UTC
has anyone built tamiya's 1/350 CVN-65 Enterprise? just wondering. because thats my second model ever....too much work :S
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 09:47 PM UTC
Hi Christian!!!

Welcome aboard Armorama!

Now for your question:
I haven't build it, but I know a few members here in Portugal that have built it (and some Trumpeter Carriers too).
My advice would be:
If it is only your second model, put it in the box and buy a smaller one.
One that you can build during, let's say, one week or two weeks - considering that you will work everyday on it.
This way you will see your daily progress, at a steady pace and don't feel discoraged (which can happen with such a complex model).

If you really want to build it anyway, try and think of it as several models: the island one model, the airwing lot's of models (I have seen excellent aircraft carrier models with neglected airwing - and it ruin the model!), the deck another model and so on...

The main purpose of this hobby is for you to have fun, keep this always in your mind
Also remeber to take your time - there's no need to rush your work (usually bad things happen)

Once again welcome
Skipper
Yayo01
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 84 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 12:39 AM UTC
my model is 2 y/o i already finished it but...my uncle accidently shoved it off my table so i have to rebuild again...now with missing parts and ruined island

and yeah i having fun building it.....need more paints tho

and thanks for welcoming me
 _GOTOTOP