_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
REVIEW
  JAG Collective - USS Forrest Sherman DD931 (Early)
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2006 - 12:15 AM UTC
Hi all

Finnaly I was able to publish this built review - it looked like it was "jinxed"
Actually still is... I lost my built pictures.
I''ll update the review tomorrow

Enjoy

Skipper

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
EasyOff
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 926 posts
Model Shipwrights: 26 posts
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2006 - 04:36 AM UTC
Wow, that ship is sweet. I was on the DD 945 Forest Sherman Class. The overall shape is simular. Brings back memories. I spent 4 years on her. She really made you feel proud, they told us, and we had a sign on the ship when we pulled into port that we were the last of the all gun boats. She was just a speck next to a Spruance. Laugh, we'd rig lights all over it to change her shape at night and sit within a Japanese fishing fleet during war games. No radars on, just visuals, we'd see an enemy ship cruise by, we'd radio them and tell them that they were just sunk. :-) The captain would yell "Hoist the battle ensign and turn on my song over the 1mc." The Captain reminded me of the TV Star Fraiser :-) Then we'd go speeding by the much higher tech ship than ours ordered to remain dead in the water at high speeds causing a big wake and rocking their ship, battle music blasting over the intercalm. The two captains would stand on the bridge wings and salute each other... Ours smiling like he just ate auntie martha's home make apple pie.

skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2006 - 05:42 PM UTC
Hi "EasyOff"

Glad you enjoyed it and I am glad that it brought such nice memories
I also have some similar drill memories, of passing for a fishing trawler and making only one radar sweep to check where the other guys were

Now you have the chance (if you fancy) to have the Hull (and the rest of it!!) of your DD-945 Hull

Skipper
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 08:15 PM UTC
Photos updated - sorry for the delay

Enjoy

Skipper
 _GOTOTOP