_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Dreadnoughts Campaign Extension!
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 02:19 AM UTC
Ahoy, Mates!
After some careful thinking, I've decided to make an extension to the Dreadnoughts Campaign, taking into consideration especially all of the late sign ups that the campaign endured. So breath easy, my friends, and build on, as now the finish date is June 30, 06!
Gunny
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 03:04 AM UTC
Breath easy is right. I've been afraid to check just how long I do have to complete this beast.

Thanks!

Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 05:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Breath easy is right. I've been afraid to check just how long I do have to complete this beast.

Thanks!

No problem at all, Rodge...personally, I really hate to see these two campaigns end! I've made alot of new friends here at the warship forum, and had (and still am having!) alot of fun with you guys! And by the way, Mr. Arthur, if your out there, how do you like me now, mate?! :-)

Gunny
jRatz
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,171 posts
Model Shipwrights: 134 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 07:54 AM UTC
Well, that helps -- given how poorly this build has gone for me the extension will allow me to get back to it without the deadline presure.

Thanks,
John
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 05:37 PM UTC
Hi All

I have already spoken to Mark about this, but I should also share it here
The fact that Garry Beebe's Dreadnoughts Campaign has been extended, it will collide with the initial part of DDD2.
I think that this doensn't bring any particular problem with us the slow workers since DDD2 has a full year in the making - but this could also inflict some "damage" to the shorter Leyte Gulf Campaign. And we have Flattops running too

So my advice would be: plan plan plan and act - so that your entries in all these wonderfull campaigns could be finished and you don't get a sour taste in your mouth

This is my plan, I hope that everyone can accomplish the goals proposed!

Skipper

PS: One thing is certain - the Warship community is growing fast and the number and quality of works too!
Congratulations to everyone!!!!
thathaway3
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 1,610 posts
Model Shipwrights: 566 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 01:53 AM UTC
I am ECSTATIC about the extension!

While perhaps it may run into DDD, I know that since I've already built one LA Class and my DDD plan is to build an exact duplicate, I know that should go extremely quickly.

I was thinking just last night as I spent about 2 hours just getting three sections of railing and a ladder well and ladder "just so", that I was NEVER going to finish by the deadline!!!

No guarantees that I'm gonna finish by the NEW one :-) :-) , but at least my odds have gone up!

Thanks for the great call!!!! And here's hoping that the extension will not only allow more to enter, but perhaps some of you who build faster than I do, may even be able to do another build!

Tom
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 05:17 AM UTC
Hey Rui, Leyte Gulf campaign is a year long also, so we're fine.

Kenny
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,901 posts
Model Shipwrights: 934 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 05:35 AM UTC
Ahhhhh,... summer time modeling, the birds are singing, the neighbour is cutting his grass, kids are frolicking in the streets, the wife is relaxing on the hammock, and if you listen realllllyyy carefully......... you can hear Frank swearing in his basement!!!
Plasticat
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 448 posts
Model Shipwrights: 135 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 05:45 AM UTC
Great news. Work pressures have pretty much blown my modelling time out of the water, so this will give me a small chance of finishing my entry.
spooky6
Visit this Community
Sri Lanka
KitMaker: 2,174 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 11:01 AM UTC
THANK YOU !!!!! This way I've still got a chance with the 'Bama.
Rigger
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 70 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 11:15 AM UTC
Sounds great to me , I just started Tamiya 's Mighty Mo. And now I have a new and great Yamato dio Idea. I looks like I well be moving to a new Apartment in March so this is goood news. It will be a Two bedroom one for me and one for my Hobby room / Machine shop. OH JOy...........

Plenty of time now

Thamks Rigger ..............
 _GOTOTOP